How can I pin apps on the lock screen of my Galaxy Tab S3 to quickly launch them?
With the new version of Android (Nougat), the lock screen display two shortcuts to two apps that can be launched quickly directly from this screen. By default, on the Canadian devices, Internet and Camera are the apps displayed. But it is possible to modify this setting and display your two favorites apps on the locks screen.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Pin two applications on the lock screen
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Swipe to and touch Lock screen and security.
4. Touch Info and app shortcuts.
5. Touch App shortcuts.
6. Touch Left shortcut.
7. Swipe your finger up to access all available apps. Then select one of the two apps you can add to the lock screen. For this example, we choose Samsung Notes.
Note : It is also possible to display no shortcut on the left side of the lock screen by touching the slider to turn off the function.
8. Touch Right shortcut.
9. Swipe your finger from bottom to top to access all available apps. Then select the second app you can add to the lock screen. For this example, we choose PEN UP.
Note : It is also possible to display no shortcut on the right side of the lock screen by touching the slider to turn off the function .
10. Press the Power button two times in a row to access the lock screen.
11. The shortcuts for the two apps you selected will be displayed on the lock screen:
Quickly launch an app from the lock screen
You can quickly launch the selected apps from the lock screen. To do so, touch and hold the corresponding shortcut, on the lock screen, then swipe your finger in any direction on the screen.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .