Galaxy S7 Edge - Use Device Maintenance to Optimize the Performance of Your Device (SM-G935W8)
The device maintenance feature provides an overview of the status of your device’s battery, storage, memory, and system security. You can also automatically optimize the device with a tap of your finger, using the quick optimization feature. This feature improves device performance through the following actions:
• Clearing some memory.
• Deleting unnecessary files and closing apps running in the background.
• Managing abnormal battery usage.
• Scanning for crashed apps and malware.
Our guide will show you how with a few taps, you can quickly improve the overall performance of your device and how you can choose a performance profile that fits best your usage (such as playing games or music).
Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version (Android Nougat, version 7, was used for this FAQ).
Free up memory
Choose a performance mode
• Normal: Balance battery life and screen resolution for everyday use. We recommend you use this profile (to help you increase and preserve the battery life of your device).
• Game: Enhance your gaming experience by making games run more smoothly.
• Entertainment: Enjoy music and videos with ultra high quality sound and enhanced images.
• High performance: Experience the highest quality display settings.
Battery power consumption will increase depending on the mode.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .