How do I change the application notifications on my Galaxy S5?
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
You can control which applications push notifications to your device. Turning off notifications for an application means notifications will not display on your lock screen, status bar, or in the Notification Panel.
For example, if you turn off Gmail™ notifications, your device will not display a notification and will not play a sound or vibrate when you receive mail to that account.
Change Application Notifications
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Sounds and notifications .
4. Scroll to the Notification section and touch Application notifications.
5. Touch the application for which you want to adjust notifications, and mark or unmark the Show notifications checkbox.
6. Tone DONE. Applications with notifications turned off are identified by the word Blocked under the application name.
7. Some applications let you access more application settings by touching next to the application name.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .