How do I connect my computer to my Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to use Wi-Fi hotspot or tethering?
The Wi-Fi hotspot feature lets you share your device’s data connection with other devices by turning your device into a wireless access point. You can connect up to eight wireless devices via Wi-Fi.
WARNING: Using your device as a wireless access point is data-intensive and will dramatically reduce battery life. We recommend contacting your wireless service provider to ask about availability with your plan. We also recommend keeping your device plugged in while the hotspot feature is on.
Turn On the Hotspot
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > More networks > Mobile Hotspot.
2. Touch the slider to turn Mobile Hotspot on .
3. If you are connected to a wireless access point, you will be disconnected before you can use the hotspot feature. Touch OK to continue.
The Wi-Fi hotspot icon is displayed at the top of your screen when the hotspot is on.
Configure the Hotspot
1. Touch to configure the hotspot settings.
2. Enter or edit the Network SSID (network name), select the Security type, and enter or edit the Password (if required).
3. Touch Show advanced options to configure the Broadcast channel.
4. Touch Save to continue. The hotspot will turn off and turn back on with the newly configured settings.
Connect to the Hotspot
1. Turn on Wi-Fi on the device you want to connect to your hotspot.
2. Search for your hotspot using the information shown on the Mobile Hotspot settings screen, and enter the necessary information.
You can use your device as a wireless modem to share its mobile data connection with a single computer.
WARNING: Using your device as a tethered wireless modem is data-intensive and will dramatically reduce battery life. We recommend contacting your wireless service provider to ask about availability with your plan.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > More networks > Tethering.
2. Connect your device to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
3. Mark the Mobile Broadband Connect checkbox to turn on USB tethering.
The USB tethering icon is displayed at the top of your screen when tethering is on. If Wi-Fi is turned on, you will need to turn it off before you can turn on tethering.
NOTE: Installation of additional drivers may be required to tether your device to your computer. If the drivers do not install automatically, go to the Samsung website and visit your device’s support page. Click Downloads to download the drivers for your device.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .