Grand Prime - Install or Remove Battery and Battery Cover (SM-G530W)
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Install the Battery
Important: Use only batteries and chargers approved by Samsung.
Make sure the battery is properly installed before turning on the device.
1. Gently pull the cover off the device, using the slot on the side (1). Lift the cover up and away from the device (2).
2. Insert the battery into the opening on the back of the device, making sure the contacts align (1). Gently press down to secure the battery (2).
3. Replace the back cover (1) and press along the edge of the back cover until you have a secure seal and it clicks into place (2).
Charge the Battery
Warning: Use only Samsung-approved charging devices and batteries. Samsung accessories are designed to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may invalidate your warranty and may cause damage.
Although you can use the device while the battery is charging, doing so will require additional charging time.
1. Insert the USB cable into the port.
2. Connect the USB cable to the charging head, and then plug the charging head into a standard outlet.
3. When charging is complete, unplug the charging head from the outlet and remove the USB cable from the device.
Warning: Failure to unplug the wall charger before you remove the battery, can cause damage to the device.
When to Charge the Battery
When the battery is weak and only a few minutes of operation remain, the battery icon ( ) blinks and the device sounds a warning tone at regular intervals.
In this condition, your device conserves its remaining battery power by dimming the screen. When the battery level becomes too low, the device automatically turns off.
► For a quick check of your battery level, view the battery charge indicator located in the Status Bar of your device’s display. A solid color ( ) indicates a full charge.
You can also choose to display a percentage value. Viewing a percentage value can provide a better idea of the remaining charge on the battery.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .