How do I install or remove the battery and battery cover for my Galaxy Grand Prime?
Your device is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery. The wall charger used to charge the battery is included with your device. You must fully charge the battery before using your device for the first time. A discharged battery can fully recharge in about four hours.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Install the Battery
Important: Use only batteries and chargers approved by Samsung.
Make sure the battery is properly installed before turning on the device.
1. Gently pull the cover off the device, using the slot on the side (1). Lift the cover up and away from the device (2).
2. Insert the battery into the opening on the back of the device, making sure the contacts align (1). Gently press down to secure the battery (2).
3. Replace the back cover (1) and press along the edge of the back cover until you have a secure seal and it clicks into place (2).
Charge the Battery
Warning: Use only Samsung-approved charging devices and batteries. Samsung accessories are designed to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may invalidate your warranty and may cause damage.
Although you can use the device while the battery is charging, doing so will require additional charging time.
1. Insert the USB cable into the port.
2. Connect the USB cable to the charging head, and then plug the charging head into a standard outlet.
3. When charging is complete, unplug the charging head from the outlet and remove the USB cable from the device.
Warning: Failure to unplug the wall charger before you remove the battery, can cause damage to the device.
When to Charge the Battery
When the battery is weak and only a few minutes of operation remain, the battery icon ( ) blinks and the device sounds a warning tone at regular intervals.
In this condition, your device conserves its remaining battery power by dimming the screen. When the battery level becomes too low, the device automatically turns off.
► For a quick check of your battery level, view the battery charge indicator located in the Status Bar of your device’s display. A solid color ( ) indicates a full charge.
You can also choose to display a percentage value. Viewing a percentage value can provide a better idea of the remaining charge on the battery.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .