How do I manage notifications on the lock screen of my Galaxy S8+?
Lock screen notifications
You can manage your notifications from the lock screen and customize what is displayed on the lock screen and AOD (Always On Display).
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Manage lock screen notifications
1. To dismiss a notification from the lock screen, swipe the notification to the left or right.
2. To open a notification from the lock screen, touch the desired notification.
3. Swipe on the screen to unlock the lock screen.
Note: If you have a screen lock set up, you will need to enter your credentials to view the notification.
Information and FaceWidgets
You can customize what is displayed on the Lock screen and Always On Display.
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Lock screen and security.
4. Swipe to and touch Information and FaceWidgets.
5. The following settings are available:
• Roaming Clock: You can set your home time zone. Both local and your home time zones will be displayed when you are roaming.
• FaceWidgets: You can set the Lock screen and Always On Display to display the Music controller, Today’s schedule, and the Next Alarm.
• Contact Information: You can add your contact information and it will be displayed on the Lock screen.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .