How do I open the Edge Screen and reposition the Edge handle on my Galaxy S6 edge+?
The Edge screen on the Galaxy S6 edge+ is much more than just a pretty design. Unobtrusive and elegant, this small display is the perfect way to keep an eye on important messages, news, updates, weather, and it even serves as a night clock. It's the perfect side-kick to your main 5.7" Quad HD Super AMOLED display.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Opening the Edge Screen
The Edge screen provides a variety of useful tools for notifications, information feeds, and timekeeping.
1. To open the Edge screen, swipe the Edge screen handle across the screen.
2. The first Edge screen displayed is People edge. Swipe across from the edge of the screen again to access Apps edge.
3. Touch the Settings icon to adjust Edge screen settings.
4. Touch each feature to adjust the settings.
Edge Lighting: Edge lighting illuminates the Edge screen when a notification is received. If People edge is also on, the color of the indicator will be that assigned to the contact who is calling or messaging.
People Edge: People edge allows you to set important contacts for custom notifications on the Edge screen.
Apps Edge: Access your most frequently used applications quickly via the Edge screen.
Information Stream: The Information stream feature displays feeds that you select on the Edge screen.
Night Clock: Set up a clock that displays on the Edge screen when the phone screen is off. Night mode is available for a maximum of 12 hours.
Reposition the Edge Handle
The Edge screen can be configured for notifications and moved to the opposite side of the screen.
1. From the Home screen, swipe the Edge screen handle across the screen.
2. Touch the Settings icon.
3. Scroll to and touch Edge screen position.
4. Touch and drag the white Edge screen handle to a new position.
5. Touch Show Edge screen handle on to change where the Edge screen handle appears.
6. Touch All screens to have the handle appear on all screens.
Note: All screens is chosen by default.
7. Press the Home key to return to the Home screen.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .