How do I set up Wi-Fi tethering on my Samsung Galaxy device?
Your mobile device can be used as a wireless modem. You can share your device’s mobile data connection with a single computer.
- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > More settings > Tethering > press Portable Wi-Fi hotspot (do not turn it on until you have configured it).
- You can set up your devices to be used by either any or selected devices by pressing on:
and selecting (recommended to use Allow all devices first*):
- Configure your Wi-Fi hotspot by clicking on 'Configure' .
- You can rename your Network SSID.
- Set up a password, if you would like to.
- Press 'Save'.
- Once you have saved your configuration, the configuration detail will be displayed. If you have set up a Password you need to provide it to the other devices holder.
- The other device holder need to turn on Wi-Fi on its device.
- Select the given Wi-Fi tethering, type in the provided Password and press 'Connect'.
- Once it's connected you will receive the Mac address of the other device, which is using your Network.
- If you want only selected devices to use your network please go to:
- Once you have selected 'Only allowed devices' go to:
- Press the plus button and from here you can select only the devices you wish to use your network:
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .