How do I use My places to recognize me for location-based services on my Galaxy A5?
The My Places widget lets your device recognize your location to provide relevant information and services. Add places such as Home, Work, and Out and about using Maps, Wi-Fi, or the Bluetooth® feature to recognize locations. For example, set your Home location using Maps to search for your location.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Manage My Places
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Location under the Connections tab.
4. Touch the slider to turn Location on .
5. Scroll to and touch My places.
6. Save your favourite locations for use with applications that require location Information. For example, touch Work.
7. Touch Select method to define your location using Maps, Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth address.
8. Follow the steps for the method you choose. When using Maps, you will need to search for your location or use the current GPS coordinates. When using Wi-Fi, you will be asked to select the Wi-Fi access point. When using the Bluetooth feature, you will be asked to select the device from a list of available devices. For example, touch Maps.
9. Your current location will appear under Address. Touch to search for your location again.
10. Touch DONE.
11. Your device will recognize this location for use with applications that require location information.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .