How do I use My places to recognize me for location-based services on my Galaxy S6?
The My Places widget lets your device recognize your location to provide relevant information and services. Add places such as Home, Work, and Out and about using Maps, Wi-Fi, or the Bluetooth® feature to recognize locations. For example, set your Home location using Maps to search for your location.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Using My Places
1. Touch and hold the Home screen, and then touch Widgets at the bottom of the screen.
2. Touch and hold the My Places widget, position it on an available screen, and release it.
3. Touch Back to exit the edit mode.
4. Touch the My Places widget.
5. Touch a location to define it. For this example, touch Work.
6. Your current location will appear under Address. Touch to search for your location again. Touch Other detection methods to define your location using a Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth address.
7. Follow the steps for the method you choose. When using Maps, you will need to search for your location or use the current GPS coordinates. When using Wi-Fi, you will be asked to select the Wi-Fi access point. When using the Bluetooth feature, you will be asked to select the device from a list of available devices.
8. Touch NEXT.
9. Touch MANAGE to manage shortcuts to functions and applications that are useful in this place, or touch OK to continue.
10. Your device will recognize this location and display the selected shortcuts in the My Places widget. Touch an empty area of the widget to access additional options.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .