How do I use Smart View to share the screen of my Galaxy S8 with my television?
Smart View allows direct device-to-device connections using Wi-Fi Direct, without having to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
Important: Your television needs to be a Samsung television or a television compatible with Smart View or Screen Mirroring.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Connect to your television with Smart View
1. To open the quick settings panel, using two fingers, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. To view the second panel, swipe to the left.
3. Touch Smart View.
4. If required, touch the device you want to display your screen on. The connection is usually established automatically if only one device is available.
Note: Make sure your television is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device before turning on Smart View. Some televisions and devices may require you to switch inputs or turn on screen mirroring.
5. To stop sharing your screen, touch the Smart View control icon and then Disconnect.
Note: Smart View control only shows up on your mobile device.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .