Note Edge: How do I use the Edge screen on my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge?
Note Edge Screen Panels
NOTE: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge puts your favorite applications, information, utilities, news, and notifications right at your fingertips. The Edge screen on the side of your mobile device features a variety of customizable panels to choose from.
Manage Edge Screen Panels
1. At the bottom of any panel, touch and then touch to open the Edge screen settings.
2. Touch Manage panels.
3. Scroll right and mark the checkbox for each panel you want to turn on. To download additional panels, scroll all the way to the right and touch .
NOTE: You may turn on up to seven panels at a time.
4. Some panels can be customized by touching at the bottom of the panel.
5. To change the order in which the panels display, touch More options > Reorder. The Home panel is displayed first on your Edge screen by default. Touch and hold the panel you want to move, and then drag it left or right.
6. Touch Back when you are finished choosing and editing panels.
Navigate Edge Screen Panels
• From the top of any panel, touch and swipe down to open the Utility panel, which includes a Ruler, Stopwatch, Timer, Flashlight, and Voice recorder. Touch the icon for the feature you want to use. Swipe up to close the Utility panel.
• Swipe left to switch between panels.
• For customizable panels, touch the icon at the top to edit the panel. For the Favorite applications panel, touch . For the Briefing panel, touch . For the Contacts panel, touch . For other panels, touch the panel as directed to configure the panel.
Edit the Favorite Applications Panel
The Favorite applications panel is the default Home panel. It lets you quickly access your favorite applications without opening the Apps screen.
1. At the top of the Favorite applications panel, touch .
2. On the Edit favorite applications screen, touch and hold an application, and then drag it to the Favorite applications panel to add it. You can also add the application within a new folder by dragging it to Create folder at the top of the screen.
3. To remove an application from the Favorite applications panel, touch and hold the application, drag it to the left outside of the panel, and release it.
4. Touch Done when you are finished making edits.
Other Edge Screen Settings
At the bottom of any panel, touch and then touch to open the Edge screen settings.
• Express me: Select how your Edge screen displays when your device is not in use. Choose to display an existing graphic or text, or create your own by touching .
• Information stream: Choose which news sources you want to stream in the briefing panel, in addition to updates and missed notifications. Touch to customize the stream content.
• Night clock: Display the time and date on your Edge screen during the hours you specify, up to 12 hours. Touch the slider to turn Night clock on . Touch and hold the Start or End markers to drag them to different times, or touch and drag the highlighted area to a different time frame.
• Edge screen text: Enter a personal message that will display on the Edge screen when it is not in use.
• Show Edge screen on left: Flip the orientation of the Edge screen when the device is rotated 180 degrees.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .