Samsung Connect App: Connecting devices without a SmartThings Hub
Samsung Connect App - Connecting devices without a SmartThings Hub
Only Samsung AV, DA, TV, and Wi-Fi Hub devices can be connected without a Hub. These devices can be seen above the line of the in-app catalog:
In the Samsung Connect app:
- From the home screen, tap the plus icon (+)
2. Wait a moment for Samsung Connect to automatically discover devices on your network. Select the device once it appears under Available devices.
3. Some devices on your local network will be automatically discovered and others will require additional steps. Follow the in-app instructions if prompted.
For this example: Use your TV remote control to select Allow on your TV.
4. Tap the device and tap Download to download the device controller.
5. Tap the device to view device controls. The device will also appear in the Samsung Connect Panel.
Note: The TV is listed under "All devices" but not under the device list for the "Home" Place with the connected Hub.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .