Galaxy Note9 - Manage Data Usage (SM-N960W)
It's the middle of the month and you receive a text saying you only have 10 percent of your data remaining. There's that sinking feeling in your stomach. Luckily, you can keep tabs and set limits on your data usage using your phone's settings. They really come in handy when you're in a data crunch.
Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
It's July 26. Do you know where your data is? Track your data usage to make sure you never run out. Navigate to Settings, and then search for and select Data usage. You can view your Mobile data usage or Wi-Fi data usage.
- To view data usage through your mobile network, touch Mobile data usage.
- To view data usage through Wi-Fi networks, touch Wi-Fi data usage.
Meet Data Saver: your secret weapon in the fight against drained data. Data Saver prevents some apps from sending or receiving data in the background. So rest assured, you're not wasting any precious data.
Navigate to Settings, and then search for and select Data saver. To enable Data saver, touch the slider. To disable Data saver, touch the slider again.
To exclude apps from Data saver, touch "Allow app while Data saver is on".
Another weapon in your arsenal is the Data Usage settings. They will tell you when you're nearing the end of your billing cycle and warn you when data is running low.
Navigate to Settings, and then search for and select Data usage. Touch Billing cycle and data warning, and then check out the following settings:
- Start billing cycle on: Set the date when your billing cycle starts to keep track of your mobile data usage.
- Data warning: You will receive a warning when there is a specified amount of data left on your billing cycle.
- Limit mobile data usage: Enable or disable to set a limit on your data usage.
- Data limit: Set the amount of data you can use before mobile data is disabled.
Thank you for your feedback!