Galaxy Note9 - Maintenance Settings to Keep Your Phone From Slowing Down (SM-N960W)
To keep it performing at its best, you need to keep up with the nuts and bolts of your phone. But don't worry, you won't need to take it apart. The Device maintenance feature on your Galaxy phones provides an overview of your battery, storage, RAM, and security. You can also automatically optimize your phone's system resources.
Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Quick Optimization is a quick and easy way to improve your phone's performance. From Settings, touch Device maintenance. Touch OPTIMIZE NOW, and then touch DONE.
The following are benefits of Quick Optimization:
• Identify apps that use excessive battery power and clears unneeded items from memory.
• Delete unnecessary files and close apps running in the background.
• Scan for malware.
The battery is your phone's lifeline. Learn the various ways to change your settings and optimize your battery. From Settings, touch Device maintenance, and then touch Battery.
The following options are available:
• More Options > Advanced settings: Configure advanced battery settings.
• Battery usage: View details of battery usage by item.
• Power saving mode: Extend battery life by selecting a power saving mode. Choose OFF, MID, or MAX. Estimated remaining battery life for each mode will be provided.
• App power monitor: Put apps to sleep so they don't use battery power when they are not in use. Touch Save power to enable.
• Unmonitored apps: Select apps to exclude from being put to sleep by the App power monitor.
• Always sleeping apps: Select apps that will never be able to run in the background.
These apps may not receive updates or send notifications.
We all have our go-to apps on our phones. Learn how to enhance your phone's performance to meet your needs. From Settings, touch Device maintenance, and then touch Performance mode.
Choose one of the following options:
• Optimized (recommended): Balance battery life and screen resolution for everyday use.
• Game: Enhance your gaming experience by making games run more smoothly.
• Entertainment: Enjoy music and videos with ultra high-quality sound and enhanced images.
• High performance: Experience the highest quality display settings.
If you are worried about your phone being overloaded with unnecessary data, clear out your storage. Here's to happy cleaning.
From Settings, touch Device maintenance, and then touch Storage. Touch CLEAN NOW to free up storage space by deleting unnecessary data, such as cached, residual, and advertisement files.
Does your phone seem slower than it was before? Learn how to clean up its memory.
From Settings, touch Device maintenance, and then touch Memory. Touch CLEAN NOW to free up memory by stopping background apps.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .