Galaxy Note9 - Dust and Water Resistance (SM-N960W)
Whether you're a hiking enthusiast who hikes every weekend or you just live in a bustling city, having a durable phone will give you peace of mind. If you have a Note9, you can be as adventurous as you want because your phone is equipped with protection from water, dirt, and grime. An IP (Ingress Protection) rating is a universally accepted measurement of dust and liquid resistance. The phone has an IP rating of 68, which is the highest possible level of dust and water resistance. That means you bring your phone on your adventures without having to worry.
Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
If you are headed to the beach or waterpark, you can take comfort knowing your phone can keep up with you. Just make sure not to drop the phone in the ocean, or while you're going down a waterslide.
Keep these tips in mind when you're facing the elements:
• Physical damage to your phone, such as chips and cracks can significantly reduce its ability to resist dust and water.
• S Pen does not need to be inserted to maintain IP68 rating.
• The touchscreen may not be active in water.
• Whenever your phone gets wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
• When drying off your phone, be sure to pat the earpiece (top front of the phone), primary microphone (bottom of phone), external speaker (bottom of phone), and the power/accessory (USB) interface connector with a clean, soft cloth to remove as much water as possible.
• Do not expose the phone to salt water or ionized water. If your phone is exposed to salt water, wash the phone with fresh water, and then dry thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Otherwise, when it dries, salt may accumulate and block the primary microphone, earpiece, or external speaker.
• When making a call immediately after your phone is wet, the microphone may have water in it, which may lower the volume that the other person will hear. After drying off the phone, allow the phone to air-dry before making a call.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .