Galaxy Buds - Water and dust resistance (SM-R170)
The Galaxy Buds are not water resistant. Because of this, there is a limit to how much water or dust the earbuds can handle without causing damage.
Available screens and settings may vary by provider, phone, or earbuds.
- Thanks to IPX2 splash-resistant technology, your Galaxy Buds can handle splashes, a little sweat and even the accidental spill.
- The earbuds are not water resistant and not suitable for use in water. If they get some sweat or rain on them, you should clean them immediately.
- When drying off the earbuds, remove as much water as possible by patting the earpiece, microphone, touchpad, touch sensor and charging contacts with a clean, soft cloth. After drying off the earbuds, allow them to air-dry before using them.
- If you need to use the earbuds for a phone call immediately after they have gotten wet, the microphone may have water in it. This may lower the volume of your voice when speaking to someone on the other line. Make sure to dry them.
- The earbuds are not dust-proof.
- Conductive materials like dust may cause a short circuit or corrosion of the terminals.
- Do not store the earbuds in areas with high concentrations of dust or foreign materials, the earbuds will malfunction.