Smart Switch: What devices are supported by Smart Switch Mobile?
Whether your old phone is an Android, iOS, BlackBerry or Windows Mobile device, upgrading to a Galaxy smartphone or tablet is done in one seamless move with Smart Switch. From your contacts to messages, your photos and videos to your music, your calendar events to your apps. Even the device settings. They're all there on your new Galaxy phone for you to pick up right where you left off.
Note: The provided information refers to the devices sold in Canada. Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Supported Samsung devices
The requirements for Smart Switch Mobile are as follows:
• Hardware: Galaxy / Note / Tab series, newer than Galaxy S2
• Software: Android OS ICS (4.0) or higher
• Resolution: WVGA (800X480) or higher
Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can cause incompatibility. If your Galaxy S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.
Supported Android devices
• Wireless transfer: Android 4.0 or higher
• Wireless transfers from a compatible Android device to Galaxy device: Android 4.0 or higher (Galaxy device must support a "Mobile AP" function to allow content to be transferred)
• Wired transfer: Android 4.3 or higher, charger cable, and a USB connector
Supported iOS devices
• Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin) and a USB connector
• Import from iCloud: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
• PC/Mac transfer using iTunes: Smart Switch PC/Mac software
Note: Get started on //www.samsung.com/ca/apps/smart-switch.
Supported BlackBerry devices
• Wireless transfers: BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 (Mobile AP)
• Wired transfer from your BlackBerry device to your Galaxy: BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 for transfers via USB connector
Supported Windows mobiles
• Wireless transfers: Windows OS 8.1 or 10
Note: For more information and step-by-step directions, go to //www.samsung.com/ca/apps/smart-switch.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .