What is SE (Security Enhanced) for Android?
Samsung KNOX™ Security-Related User Information
The following information is intended as a resource for Samsung KNOX™ end users who want to know more about the various pop-up messages that may display on their device in case of security-related notifications.
Samsung KNOX Security Updates
To ensure that your device always has the latest security to protect you and your data, Samsung occasionally sends security updates to the device as needed. Please follow the on-screen instructions to update your device.
Samsung recommends enabling Automatic updates. You will need to turn on this feature by following the instructions below.
NOTE: The device will display a Security policy updates notification 7 days after activation, if the Automatic updates have not been enabled.
1. From the Home screen, select Menu > Settings > More > Security > Security policy updates > Check Automatic updates.
2. Check the box to the right of Automatic updates to receive security policy notifications.
3. Once you enable the Automatic updates, KNOX displays the Security Enhanced for Android (SE for Android) Policy Update dialog. Select Accept to enable Automatic updates.
Samsung KNOX Security Update Notifications
Here are a few notification examples you may receive on your device in the event of a security update.
If your device requires security protection, you may see the following Security policy update notification.
NOTE: It is recommended that you perform a manual update. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on and connected to a network. Once connected, select Menu > Settings > Security > Security policy updates > Check for updates.
When Security Notices Pop Up
When an application attempts to access a resource that it is not allowed, a Security Information pop up will appear, blocking the attempt.
About Samsung KNOX
Samsung KNOX provides the benefit of enterprise data security while keeping personal information private:
• The Samsung KNOX container delivers a distinct interface.
• Your personal apps, photos, emails, and texts are kept separate from the Samsung KNOX container. They are secure and private from enterprise IT administrators.
• IT administrators can access important corporate files and email inside the Samsung KNOX container on your device.
• Samsung KNOX Apps allows you to easily and securely download business apps to the Samsung KNOX container.
Security for Samsung KNOX
Samsung KNOX provides a layered security solution that includes the following features:
• Trusted Boot: Ensures that the device boots only from an authorized kernel, and not from a hacked or rooted kernel.
• TrustZone-based Integrity Measurement Architecture (TIMA): Verifies the integrity of the kernel on a continuous basis.
• Security Enhancements for Android (SE for Android): Protects device resources and data from unauthorized access.
• Dual Persona: Provides a secure environment within your device. You can continue to use your usual Android environment, and still have access to a protected space.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .