What is Smart Stay feature, and how do I use it on my Galaxy Tab S2?
Smart features enhance the way you interact with your device. Using built-in cameras and sensors, your device can coordinate with your movements for seamless operation.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turn on Smart Stay
The Smart Stay feature uses the front-facing camera to detect when you are looking at your device so the screen stays on regardless of the screen timeout setting.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings .
2. Touch Display > Smart stay.
3. Touch the slider to turn Smart stay .
Using the Quick Settings Panel
You can also quickly turn Smart stay ON or OFF from the Quick Settings Panel.
1. Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to open the Notification Panel.
2. Scroll right on the Quick Settings Panel shortcuts at the top of the screen and locate Smart stay shortcut .
3. Touch Smart stay shortcut to turn ON .
Smart stay works best under the following conditions:
• When the device is held steady and upright.
• When the device is in well-lit conditions, but the screen is not in direct light.
• When the front-facing camera is not being used by another application.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .