Evolution Kit: How to Attach the Evolution Kit to a TV?
Evolution Kit - How to Attach the Evolution Kit to a TV?
- First check the network status and ensure there is an Internet connection. Internet access is required to use the evolution kit.
- Remove the USB device from the TV before installing the Evolution Kit. If the USB device is connected to the TV, the Evolution Kit may not be installed properly.
By mounting the evolution kit onto your existing Samsung TV, you can upgrade the TV’s software without purchasing a new TV. Use the evolution kit to unlock the new features and services offered by Samsung Electronics.
1. The TV must first be updated to the latest software version. Navigate to Software Update (Support > Software Update) and update the software using Online.
2. Turn off the TV and then insert the Evolution Kit into the two slots as shown in the diagram below. Press the PUSH button on the right side of the kit and click the kit into place. Unplug the TV’s power cable before mounting the Evolution Kit.
To make sure the Evolution Kit is attached securely, press it again, as shown by the figure below.
4. Turn on the Tv using the Smart Touch Remote unit accompanying the Evolution Kit and wait for the TV to recognize the kit. The recognition takes about 1 minute.
5. Following the on-screen instructions to upgrade the TV to the 2013 version.
6. Once the upgrade is complete, the TV will turn off and then back on automatically.
The LAN cable adapter and Smart Touch Remote unit can only be used after installing the Evolution Kit on the TV.
Once your TV has been updated using the evolution kit, you will be able to use a USB storage device to update the software. Ensure that the TV update file and the evolution kit update file contained on the USB storage device are the same version before proceeding.
The Pre-Mounting Checklist:
- Before snapping the evolution kit into place, ensure that the other end of the kit has been inserted securely into the two slots. The kit may be damaged if you continue without securely positioning the kit inside the slots.
- If you are mounting the kit onto a wall mounted TV, remove the TV from the wall first.
- Mounting an evolution kit that has been used on a different TV will reset the user data contained in the kit.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .