How do I avoid image retention on my Samsung 55" Q6F 4K Smart QLED TV (QN55Q6FAMF)?
Unlike Plasma TVs, LED TVs are not subject to screen burn in. But a LED screen may still suffer from image retention when a static or semi-static image is displayed on the screen for too long. Follow our advices to avoid this common issue.
Note: The provided information refers to Smart QLED TVs sold in Canada. The available settings and options may differ for devices sold in other countries.
Still image warning
Avoid displaying still images (such as jpeg picture files), still image elements (such as TV channel logos, stock or news crawls at the screen bottom etc.). Limit displaying programs in panorama or 4:3 image format on the screen. If you constantly display still pictures, it can cause image retention on the LED screen and affect image quality.
To reduce the risk of this adverse effect, please follow the recommendations below:
• Avoid displaying the same TV channel for long periods.
• Always try to display any image in full screen. Use the picture format menu of the TV for the best possible match.
• Reduce brightness and contrast to avoid the appearance of after-images.
• Use all TV features designed to reduce image retention and screen burn.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .