How Do I Perform A Firmware Update On My HT-H5500 Over The Network?
Important: Never disconnect or power off your system while it is in the middle of installing a Firmware update, it may cause your system to malfunction.
Note: You will need:
• Home Theater system connected to a network
• HTS remote control
1. Power on your HTS and wait for the Home menu to display.
2. Using the right and then bottom arrow buttons move to Settings and then press enter.
3. The Settings menu appears. Using the up or down arrow buttons move to Support and then press enter.
4. Using the up or down arrow buttons move to Software Upgrade and then press enter.
5. By Online is automatically highlighted, press enter. The system connects to the network and searches for new Firmware.
6. A prompt appears displaying the current version and the new version, using the right or left arrows highlight Yes and then press enter.
If message "The latest upgrade file is already installed. There is no need to upgrade." displays, the Firmware is already up to date.
7. A Software Upgrade status screen appears as the player downloads the new Firmware version. When complete, the system displays a second upgrade status showing the current status of the Firmware installation.
8. When the Firmware update is complete the Home Theater system powers off and back on automatically. This completes the Firmware update.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .