How do I play media from a USB thumb drive on my 300W 2.1 Ch Flat Soundbar HW-K450?
You can play music files located on USB storage devices through the Soundbar. The USB port on the soundbar is a MicroUSB port. To connect USB devices, a MicroUSB adapter is required (not supplied).
Before you connect a USB device
Before you connect a USB device, be aware of the following:
● If the file name of a file on a USB device exceeds 10 characters, it is not displayed on the Soundbar's display.
● This product may not be compatible with certain types of USB storage media.
● The Soundbar supports the FAT16 and FAT32 file systems: the NTFS file system is not supported.
● Connect USB devices to the USB port of the product using a USB 2.0 Micro USB plug to standard female 2.0 USB jack adapter cable. Otherwise, you may encounter a USB compatibility problem.
● Do not connect multiple storage devices to the product via a multi-card reader. It may not operate properly.
● Digital camera PTP protocols are not supported.
● Do not remove the USB device while it is transferring files.
● DRM-protected music files (MP3, WMA) from commercial web sites cannot be played.
● External HDDs are not supported.
● Mobile phone devices are not supported.
● File format type compatibility list: mp3, wma, aac, wav, ogg and flac.
Playing Media from a USB Thumb Drive on your Soundbar
1. Insert your USB device into the USB port on the soundbar. For this demonstration, a dual flash drive will be used, so a MicroUSB adapter is not required.
2. Press the Source button on the soundbar or the remote to change the mode.
3. Set the soundbar to USB mode.
4. Press the Play/Pause button to start playing files from the USB.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .