Blu-ray Player BD-D5300 - Reset Back To Factory Default Settings (BD-D5300)
Reset Blu-ray Player BD-D5300
Resets all system, network, and Smart Hub settings and deletes all user stored BD data.
Use this if:
• The Blu-ray player is operating erratically or not working properly
• After a recent Firmware Update
• If the Network Test is failing or Network Settings need to be erased
• If you are attempting to connect to another network or new router
• If you are relocating the Blu-ray player to another location/device connection
• If the HDMI output is set to a resolution your TV does not support
• If you have forgotten the rating password
• Remove any disc from the player, a reset will not work if there is a disc in the Blu-ray player, wait for 'No Disc' to appear on the front display.
• Be sure the player is on the Home Menu, the reset will not work if you are any other screen (Menu, Smart Hub, Settings).
• 'Not Available' will display if a disc is left in the Blu-ray player.
• If your player has a touch panel, be sure there is no disc in the player, and the Home screen is displayed, before pressing and holding the Stop button.
NOTE: If you press and hold the stop button on your Blu-ray player remote, this will not work.
• 16:9 Original: Select if your TV is 16:9 (Widescreen). All content will be displayed at the original aspect ratio. Content formatted in 4:3 will be displayed with black bars on the left and right.
• 16:9 Full: Select if your TV is 16:9 (Widescreen). All content will fill the full screen. Content formatted in 4:3 will be stretched.
• 4:3 Letter Box: Select if your TV is 4:3. All content will be displayed at the original aspect ratio. Content formatted in 16:9 will be displayed with black bars on the top and bottom.
• 4:3 Pan-Scan: Select if your TV is 4:3. All content will be displayed at the original aspect ratio. 16:9 content will have the extreme left and right portion cut off.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .