How Do I Reset Smart Hub On My BD-H6500?
Resetting Smart Hub On the BD-H6500
When you perform a Smart Hub reset, all downloaded Apps are initialized, user accounts and settings are erased from the Blu-ray player and all the Smart Hub settings reset to factory default. Your account remains on the Smart Hub server. To log into your account, enter your ID and password on the login screen after the reset.
Use this if:
• Apps are not loading
• Some Apps are missing or failing
NOTE: Once you have created a Samsung Account ID the ID will remain on the server and will not be deleted regardless of the type of reset performed.
You will need:
• Parental rating password, default password is 0000
• Blu-ray player remote
Follow the steps below to reset the Smart Hub:
1. Power on your player and wait for the Home Menu to display.
2. Use the arrow buttons on your Blu-ray remote to highlight "Settings" and then press Enter.
3. The Settings Menu appears. Use the up or down arrow buttons to highlight "Smart Hub" and then press Enter.
4. Use the top or bottom arrow buttons on the remote to highlight "Reset Smart Hub" and then press Enter.
5. Use the number buttons on the Blu-ray remote to enter the BD/DVD parental rating password, if you have not set one, enter 0000.
6. A window displays as Smart Hub settings are reset to default.
7. A second window displays confirming the settings have been reset to default. "OK" is automatically highlighted, press Enter.
8. The initial settings screen displays.
9. Use the left and right arrow buttons on the blu-ray remote to highlight "Samsung Apps" and press Enter.
10. A message displays asking if you want to setup Smart Hub. Use the left or right arrow button on your Blu-ray remote to highlight "Yes" and press Enter.
11. The Smart Hub welcome displays. "Start" is automatically highlighted, press Enter.
12. The Smart Hub Terms & Conditions appear. I agree to all is automatically highlighted. Press Enter to put a check mark into the box. "Next" is automatically highlighted, press Enter again.
13. A window displays "Do you confirm that you have checked the box which indicates that you agree and understand ALL of the terms and policies, and wish to enable ALL additional services?". Use the left or right arrow button on your blu-ray remote to highlight "Yes" and then press Enter.
14. Smart Hub setup is complete. "Done" is automatically highlighted, press Enter and Samsung Apps displays.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .