How Do You Hook Up A Direct TV Receiver To A Home Theater System?
In this FAQ, we'll explain how to hook up your Home Theater System to your satellite receiver or digital cable box using a variety of cable types.
Hooking Up Your Home Theater System To A Satellite Receiver
Important: If you have a high definition (HDTV) satellite receiver or digital cable box and you want to view the high definition output, you should connect the video output of the receiver or the box directly to your TV using the component (Pr, Pb, and Y) connections on your receiver and TV. After you have hooked your receiver or box directly to your TV, perform only Step 2 in the procedure below.
To hook up your Home Theater System (HTS) to a satellite receiver or digital cable box, follow these steps:
- Do one of the following:
- Connect the Video Out jack on your receiver or box to one of the standard Video In jacks on your on your HTS. Video In jacks are typically located in the AUX In area.
- Connect the Component Video Out jacks on your receiver or box (Pr, Pb, and Y) to the corresponding Component Video In jacks on your HTS.
Note: If you have Component Video In jacks on your television, connect your receiver or box to your HTS using the Component Video Jacks. Otherwise, use the standard Video In and Out jacks.
- Do one of the following:
- Connect the Audio Out jacks on your receiver or box to either the AUX 1 or AUX 2 Audio Input jacks in the AUX In area on your HTS. Make sure you connect the left cable to the left jack and right cable to the right jack.
- Connect the Digital Optical Out jack on your satellite box to the Digital Optical In jack on your HTS.
- Connect the Video Out jack on your HTS to the Video In or Composite (AV) Video In jack on your TV.
- Connect the S-Video Out jack on your HTS to the S-Video In jack on your TV.
- Connect the three Component Video Out jacks on your HTS (Pr, Pb, and Y) to the three corresponding Component Video In jacks on your TV.
A diagram illustrating the three kinds of video connections is below. Use only one when you connect your HTS to your TV.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .