How To Connect Your Sound bar To A TV With ARC (F550, F551, and FM55)
ARC (Audio Return Channel)
ARC (Audio Return Channel) allows TV's with ARC capabilities and capable devices to transfer audio back and forth using one HDMI cable.
Since your TV supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) all the audio from the devices connected to your TV will be sent to the Sound bar using an HDMI cable connected between the TV and Sound bar. This is makes ARC easy to use and provides excellent sound quality. This setup also allows video and audio from external devices that are connected to the soundbar to be sent to the television using the same HDMI connection.
NOTE: When using ARC you can use either the TV or Sound bar remote to adjust the volume settings as long as the Sound bar is connected to a Samsung TV.
You Will Need:
• HDMI cable to connect the Sound Bar to your TV. A High Speed HDMI cable is recommended.
• Disable TV Speakers. See the accompanying literature included with your TV for instructions.
• Power off both the Sound bar and TV.
Connecting Soundbar to TV using ARC
1. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT port on the back of the Sound bar.
2. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the ARC HDMI IN port on your TV. This will send audio and video out from the Sound bar into the TV, and send all TV audio to the Sound bar using ARC.
• If your TV is a Samsung 2012 TV (E model) the HDMI IN 2 port is labeled as ARC.
• If your TV is a Samsung 2013 TV (F model) or Samsung 2014 TV (H model) the HDMI IN 3 port is labeled as ARC.
• If your TV is not a Samsung TV look for the HDMI port labeled as ARC.
3. Power on any external device connected to your TV and then power on your TV and Sound bar. This is the last step in connection setup. See below 'Setting the source' for instructions on selecting the corresponding input based on device connection. ARC is activated in D.IN mode, D.IN displays on the front display.
IMPORTANT: If you do not have audio when connected to a TV, verify the TV speakers have been turned off and TV audio is being sent to the Sound bar. In some Samsung TV's this setting is under Settings > Audio and sometimes labeled as 'Internal Mute' or 'Speaker Select'. For more information, consult the owner's manual for your television.
• If you have no audio when using ARC press the Anynet button on your Sound bar remote once and then twice to toggle the Anynet function on/off, Anynet must be set to ON for ARC to work.
• The TV audio settings must be set to external speaker to receive audio through the sound bar. For information on changing this setting, please consult the owner's manual for your TV.
• When using ARC you must power off the TV first and then the Sound bar will power off automatically. If you power off the Sound bar first the TV will stay on and the audio will be output through the TV speakers. You can use either the TV or Sound bar remote to power off both devices. This is only available when the Sound bar is connected to a Samsung TV.
• If you power off your TV first and the Sound bar does not power off check your TV menu System settings and make sure the Anynet Auto Power Off setting is set to ON in the Anynet menu. Once you have verified this setting is on make sure your TV and Sound bar are both on and then power off your TV first. The Sound bar will power off automatically. This is only available when the Sound bar is connected to a Samsung TV.
• The Sound bar will turn off automatically if there is no audio signal for 20 minutes in BD/TV/USB/HDMI/D.IN modes.
• The Sound bar will turn off automatically if there is not key input entered for 8 hours when the cable is connected. In other words, if you are using the Aux input and no buttons are pressed, the Sound bar will turn off.
• The Sound bar will turn off automatically if there Aux cable is disconnected for 20 minutes.
Setting the Source
• To listen to audio from your TV (and any devices connected directly to your TV) via ARC change the source on your TV to the input where the external device is connected. For example, if your cable box is connected on Component 1 on your TV you would press the source/input button on your TV remote until it was set to Component 1.
• If you have connected external devices to your Sound bar you must press the Source button on the Sound bar remote control that corresponds with the input where the external device is connected. For example, if you connected your Game console to the Optical input on the back of your Sound bar, you would press the Aux button on your Sound bar remote, and AUX would appear on the front display.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .