How To Update The TVs Firmware Over The Network (2014 Models)
IMPORTANT: The Software Update section of the menu will not be available (grayed out):
• During the first 30 seconds after the TV has been turned on.
• If the Smart Hub is open
Change the TV to the TV source before attempting a firmware update.
Updating The Firmware
1. Confirm that your TV is connected to your home network
2. Using the TV's remote control press the MENU button to open the Main Menu.
3. Using the navigational pad on the remote, select the Support section of the Main Menu, and then click down on the touch pad to enter the sub menu.
4. Using the navigational pad on the remote to select the Software Update option, and then click down on the touch pad to enter the sub menu.
NOTE: This menu section will be grayed out for the first 30 seconds after the TV is powered on and if the Smart Hub is open. Wait 30 second before attempting an upgrade and exit the Smart Hub.
5. By default Update Now will be highlighted, if it is not; use the touch pad on the remote to select Update Now, and then press click to begin the update process. A message will appear on your screen stating "Checking For Update"
6. After finding the firmware, your TV will display a message stating that "Valid version found..." and ask if you would like to update. Press ENTER on the OK option to accept and begin the installation or select Cancel to exit.
IMPORTANT: If the message appears "There are no new updates..." there are no firmware updates available for your television available on the Update Server.
7. After the firmware finishes installing your TV will power off and then power back on.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .