HW-K450: How can I control my 300W 2.1 Ch Flat Soundbar HW-K450 with a Samsung TV remote?
Controlling the soundbar with a Samsung TV remote is not available when the soundbar is in the TV SoundConnect, TV ARC, or HDMI mode. Only the Volume and Mute buttons are usable with the soundbar.
Important: The process may be different depending on the model of your TV.
Controlling the Soundbar with a Samsung TV Remote
1. Turn on the TV and Soundbar. Press and hold the SOUND button for more than 5 seconds while the soundbar is turned on.
2. Continue holding until "ON - TV REMOTE" appears on the display.
3. Enter the settings menu of your TV.
4. Select Sound.
5. Select Sound Output.
6. Select your [Samsung] HW-K450 soundbar.
7. Select Close.
8. You can now use the TV remote to control the soundbar:
Important: Some other manufacturers are supporting this function: VIZIO, LG, Sony, Sharp, PHILIPS, PANASONIC, TOSHIBA, GRUNDIG, Hisense, RCA. But this function may not be compatible with your TV's remote depending on the remote control's manufacturer.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .