I Am Seeing The Words Excessive Rating On My Screen.
If you see the words "Excessive Rating" on your screen, it means that the program currently being broadcast on the channel you are tuned to is blocked by the V-Chip settings of your TV. If your want to watch the program, you must either reset the V-Chip settings through the TV's on screen menu or temporarily disable the V-Chip.
To temporarily disable the V-Chip on many Samsung TVs, follow these steps:
- Press the V.chip button on your remote control.
- Enter your V-Chip PIN number.
- Press the VOL+ button on your remote.
Note: The procedure above works for most but not all Samsung TVs. Your TV might be different. For exact instructions, see your user's manual. Look for a section titled Using the V-Chip. If you don't have your user's manual on hand, click HERE to view the manual on-line.
For instructions on resetting the V-Chip on your TV through the on-screen menu, see your user's manual. Look for a section titled Using the V-Chip.
If you don't remember your V-Chip password, follow these steps:
- Turn your TV on.
- Press the Power button on your remote control. This turns the TV off.
- Press the Mute button on your remote control.
- Press the numbers 8 - 2 - 4 on your remote in succession.
- Press the Power button on your remote. Your TV turns on. Your V-Chip code has now been reset to 0000.
- To access the V-Chip menu, press the Menu button on your remote. The Menu appears.
- Use the Up or Down arrow button on your remote to select Setup, and then press the Enter button.
- Use the Up or Down arrow button on your remote to select V-Chip and then press the Enter button. The Enter Pin or Enter Code screen appears.
- Use your remote to enter 0000, and then press the Enter button. The V-Chip menu appears.
- Follow the instructions in your user's manual to change the V-Chip settings. If you don't have your user's manual on hand, click HERE to view your manual on line.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .