My Remote Isn't Working, How Do I Determine If I Need Service?
Troubleshooting Remote Control
Your Giga sound system remote may not be working due to the following:
• Batteries are drained or have been inserted incorrectly
• The IR sensor on the remote is failing
• The remote sensor on the system is failing
To determine what is causing the problem start first check the batteries.
If your remote control does not respond the batteries may be drained or have been inserted incorrectly. Obtain fresh batteries and match the +/- symbols accordingly.
If you have replaced the batteries and verified they have been inserted correctly but your remote does not respond, the sensor on the remote or on the system may be failing. Follow the steps below to determine which is failing and requires service.
To test the remote, you will need a digital camera or a cell phone with a built-in camera.
1. Turn on the digital camera or activate the camera feature on your cell phone.
2. Point the system remote at the camera and then press and hold the Power or Volume or Channel Buttons on the remote. As you hold the button down look at the camera screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal you will see a colored light coming from the remote control. On some camera phones it may show as a light lavender colored light.
If you can see the IR light flickering or flashing on the camera screen, your remote is working properly but the sensor on the system is not, the system requires service. To arrange service online click here.
If you do not see the IR light flickering or flashing and you have replaced the batteries accordingly, your remote requires service. If your Giga sound system is within the one year parts warranty you may be able to obtain a replacement remote free of charge by calling us at 1-800-SAMSUNG with your model and serial number, or by chatting with us below. If your system is out of warranty, you can purchase a replacement remote by visiting www.samsungcanadaparts.com and entering your model number in the search box provided.
Universal remotes are not recommended since not all system functions may be supported by the universal remote, however, basic functions may work.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .