Samsung TV - Network status test
If you're having trouble connecting your TV to the internet, running a Network Status test will highlight where the connection is failing.
The provided information refers to TVs sold in Canada. Available screens may differ by model and year. The available settings and options may differ for devices sold in other countries.
The first thing you should do is check the status of your network. Navigate to Settings, and then select Network and then Network Status. The network connection will be tested. From left to right, images of your TV, router, and Internet will be displayed, connecting in this order.
Blue dots indicate a connection, while a red X indicates no connection.
After you complete a Network Status Test, you'll see an image of your connection on the screen. Blue dots indicate a connection, while a red X indicates no connection.
- If a red X separates the router and the Internet, the problem is with the Internet provider. Please contact your Internet provider to solve the problem.
- If a red X separates the TV and the router, the problem is either with the router or the TV. Please check your router to make sure all connections are secure and for good measure, reset the router. To reset your router, detach the power connections and wait 1 minute. Reconnect the power and try again. Try connecting another device to the network. If it connects, then the problem is with the TV. If not, the problem is with the router. If your TV is having problems, contact us.
We have more advice for you to help get your network up and running. To change your network settings, navigate to Settings and then Network. Select Open Network Settings. Select either Wireless or Wired.
Follow the recommendations below:
- A wired connection is recommended.
- If wireless is preferred, please make sure the wireless router is not too far from your TV.
- A Wi-Fi extender is recommended for cases where the wireless router is far from the TV.
- Aftermarket wireless routers may provide better performance to a network with multiple devices connected.
We know the information given on this page might not fix all the issues but Samsung provides support for your product in many ways. Find out what options are available to you and how you can contact us.
Thank you for your feedback!