Samsung TV - Use the Samsung Remote
Without your remote, you wouldn't be able to enjoy all of the entertainment on your TV, and your Samsung remote makes TV watching even better with special features like Voice Control. We'll teach you how to control the TV with your voice, change the channel, adjust the volume, and get extra help with accessibility settings.
The provided information refers to TVs sold in Canada. The available settings and options may differ for devices sold in other countries.
With Voice Control, just say the words and your remote makes it happen. Speak into the microphone on your Samsung Smart Remote to control your TV. Voice Interaction function is only available for Samsung Smart Remote.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to set it up:
- Set Voice Recognition: Press the Mic button on your Samsung Smart Remote to access the Voice Interaction tutorial. Using the directional button, navigate through and complete the Voice Interaction Tutorial.
- Use Voice Recognition: Press and hold the Mic button, say a voice command, and then release the button to run Voice Interaction. For example, say "Youtube" to open the app on your TV using Voice Interaction.
If those constant commercials during your favorite show are annoying you, just lower the volume or change the channel.
- VOL (Volume): Using your thumb, shift the Volume button up or down to adjust the volume. To mute the volume, press the Volume button inward.
- CH (Channel): Using your thumb, shift the Channel button up or down to change the channel.
• Voice Guide: To aid the visually impaired, activate the voice guide to describe the menu options out loud. The TV provides voice guides for changing channels and adjusting volume. It can also provide information about current and upcoming programs, the TV's schedule, other TV functions, and various content in the Web Browser.
• Video Description: You can activate a guide that provides an audio description of video scenes for the visually impaired. This function is only available from supported broadcasts.
• Captions: Activate Captions to watch programs with the subtitles. Captions are only displayed in supported programs.
• High Contrast: High contrast changes the Menu screen to white text on a black background, or the TV menus from transparent to opaque, so text can be read more easily.
• Enlarged Font: You can adjust the size of the font on the screen.
• Multi-Output Audio: You can turn on both the TV speaker and Bluetooth devices at the same time. When this function is active, you can set the volume of the Bluetooth devices higher than the volume of the TV speaker.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .