What is D-Net
D-Net is a hardware and data transfer protocol that lets you network up to 10 digital devices (such as digital VCRs, digital camcorders, set-top-boxes [STBs], and DVRs) to your TV using IEEE1394 connections. D-Net lets any device on the network send audio and video data to any other device on the network. D-Net also lets you control most of the devices on the network through your TV and your TV's remote control.
There are two connection options for D-Net networks:
- You can chain devices together so they form a single series of devices. For example, you can connect an STB to your TV, and then connect a digital VCR to the STB.
- If your TV has more than one IEEE 1394 connector, you can use your TV as a network hub. For example, you can connect an STB to your TV using one IEEE1394 connector on your TV, and then connect a digital VCR to the STB. You can then attach a DVR to the second IEEE 1394 connector on your TV, and then connect a digital camcorder to the DVR.
If you want to use D-Net to connect devices to your TV, you should be aware that D-Net currently:
- Only supports the MPEG-2 digital video format
- Only supports the Dolby Digital and MPEG Digital audio formats
- Uses the Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP) copy protection standard
Note: D-Net is an evolving technology. Some or all of the connectivity features of a device that you connect to your TV through an IEEE1394 port may not operate.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .