Samsung Introduces the World’s First Color Multi-Function Document Management System Powered By Android™ MultiXpress4 Series in Hong Kong Next Generation Document Management Solution
Color multi-function document management system Samsung MultiXpress4 Series helps businesses to streamline document management process with the highly customizable and intuitive user interface in tablet-like 10.1-inch touch pane
Hong Kong – February 10, 2015 – Samsung Electronics Hong Kong Co., Ltd introduced MultiXpress 4 Series, the world’s first color multi-function document management system powered by Android in Hong Kong. The new Android based multi-function printers (MFPs) feature Samsung Smart UX Centre which operates independently without a PC, with app scalability, and a consumer friendly UI. Samsung MultiXperss4 Series is changing the entire printing market with significant technology breakthrough and bringing the next generation of user experience to the industry.
“As Samsung continues to strive for user-focused innovation, the introduction of the first Android OS-equipped MFPs will enhance Samsung’s smart office experience for business customers” said Ellen Fu, Head of Enterprise Business Team, Samsung Electronics Hong Kong Co., Ltd. “Businesses seek smart printing solutions that can be managed easily whilst still delivering powerful performance at reduced costs. Our new printing technology not only delivers all of these things but also ensures that super smart is also super simple”
Printing without a PC
The new Samsung MultiXpress4 series of MFPs each features a 10.1-inch full touchscreen panel that enables users to search and print from web browsers, emails, maps, images and other types of content – without the need to connect to a PC. The touchscreen also offers the ability to preview documents, as well as editing and annotating capabilities.
“As our B2B customers’ work styles and processes continue to become more mobile, Samsung will continue to provide new printing solutions that feature intuitive user interfaces, superior performance, and above all else, increased efficiency and productivity for the mobile and fluid workplace,” said Ellen Fu.
User Friendly UX and Personalization
The new Samsung MultiXpress4 series MFPs feature Samsung’s Smart UX Centre – the same touch-based, customizable UX technology featured on the Samsung GALAXY® line of smartphones and tablets. The Samsung MultiXpress4 series MFPs are also considered the industry’s first application of haptic technology that re-creates the sense of touch with vibrations for a more tactile user experience.
Extensible and Limitless Connectivity
Android OS empowers the Samsung MultiXpress4 series MFPs with limitless printing app scalability – similar to smartphone technology – and allows on-the-go connectivity through the Samsung Cloud Print, reinforcing both the connectivity and scalability of the range. Furthermore, Samsung MultiXpress4 series MFPs are compatible with Samsung’s XOA (eXtensible Open Architecture) printing solution platform, and can be customized to meet specialized business needs.
Improved NFC Printing Technology
Additionally, the new MFPs have now been upgraded to NFC Pro to meet the changing needs of the B2B market. By adding the new Samsung NFC Pro technology, the new MFPs allow easy access from smartphones for mobile printing, a stronger user authentication process, and improved IT administrative functions, such as the ability to easily “clone” the same security settings on multiple MFPs just by tapping on the NFC Pro accessory.
High Quality and Reliable Technology
The launch of Samsung MultiXpress4 series of MFPs will increase business customers’ efficiency and productivity, as well as provide even faster document processing speed thanks to its 1 GHz dual-core CPU and enable multiple users to print and scan large documents without disruption. Samsung MultiXpress4 series of MFPs are equipped with Daily-Scan ADF technology that delivers faster scanning speeds of up to 80 single-side image per minute (ipm) and up to 100 double-side ipm for color and up to 120 double-side ipm for mono, achieving the fastest-in-class performance. The print speed of Samsung MX4 reaches 30 pages per minute. With high-performance speed printing and scanning, businesses can work smoothly and operate more efficiently.
Also, Samsung’s unique Rendering Engine for clean Page (ReCP) technology delivers sharper text and cleaner images at 1200 x 1200 effective dpi, ensuring every printing document will stand out.
In addition, the Samsung MultiXpress4 series MFPs offer longer lasting toner and drum technologies – thereby extending the lifespan when compared to similar models – resulting in superior reliability and lower total cost of ownership.
Debuts of Mono Laser Printer ProXpress SL-M4530ND and Multi-Function Mono Laser Printer MultiXpress SL-K2200ND
With the leading Samsung printing technologies and various features, two newly launched printers fulfil all the needs from different businesses.
Key features of Samsung A4 Mono Laser Printer ProXpress SL-M4530ND include:
•Boost print performance with higher speed and quality
- Printing speed at 45 ppm
- Support Samsung’s XOA (eXtensible Open Architecture) printing solution platform, and can be customized to meet specialized business needs
•Print easily yet safely on the go with robust document security
- With the external NFC Pro reader, users can use their smartphone as the authentication tools for security printing; IT administrators can also use their smartphone for wireless setup or configuration and easily “clone” the same settings on multiple MFPs just by tapping on the NFC Pro accessory.
•Drive productivity while lowering TCO
- With Samsung’s unique One touch Eco button, the printer will automatically change to eco-printing mode and businesses can activate install saving with 2-up printing (two pages on the same side), skipping blank page. This results in effectively save paper and toner usage
- High capacity tonners yield 40,000 standard black and white pages while drums yield 100,000 standard black and white pages, helping businesses to lower total cost of ownership.
- Easily reduce toner and paper use by up to 10 percent with the Eco Driver
Key features of A3 Multi-function Mono Laser Printer SL-K2200ND include:
•Enhance productivity with outstanding performance
- Print with print speed of 20ppm
- Stay agile and do more with 3-in-1 (print, copy and scan) capabilities helps businesses
- Enhance the print quality and readability with ReCP technology
•Economize expenses with a host of cost-saving features
- Print up to 10,000 pages with a single toner cartridge, and up to 80,000 pages with an imaging unit
- Lowest-in-class power consumption rate, with a Typical Electricity consumption (TEC) value of just 0.97kWh
- Easily reduce toner and paper use by up to 10 percent with the Eco Driver
•Simplify setup, printing and maintenance
- Easy Printer Manager ensures smooth print operation, from toner and job accounting to device settings
- Easy document Creator greatly simplifies digital document creation and sharing via email or social networking sites
For more detailed information about Samsung multi-function printer series, please visit www.samsung.com
All functionality, features, specifications, and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems and semiconductors. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Digital Health and Smart Home initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com.