SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS (UK) LIMITED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion at https://www.samsung.com/uk/akg-y500-offer/ and https://www.samsung.com/ie/akg-y500-offer/ form part of the Terms and Conditions.
1. The Promoter is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promotion will commence at 00:01 (BST) on 21 August 2019 and shall close at 23:59 (BST) on 19 September 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. To be eligible to participate in the Promotion you must be an individual resident (aged 18+) of or a Company registered in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Republic of Ireland (“Participant”).
4. Employees or agents of the Promoter that are involved in the operation of this Promotion or anyone professionally connected to this Promotion are not eligible to enter.
5. Network providers, retailers, distributors, resellers and any person who purchases a Promotion Product (defined below at Condition 7) for resale or otherwise not as the user of the Promotion Product, may not participate in this Promotion and are specifically excluded as a Participant.
6. Participants who purchase a new (i.e. not second hand, refurbished or ex-display) selected Samsung Galaxy A50, A70, A80 or S10e as listed below at Table 1 (“Promotion Product”) from a Participating Retailer as defined in Table 2 below (“Participating Retailer”) in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland (the “Territories”) either online, in store or via telesales within the Promotion Period, will be eligible to claim one (1) pair of AKG Y500 wireless headphones in Black as shown in Table 1 below (“Reward”) by redemption, subject to full compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
Table 1 - Promotion Products and Corresponding Rewards
Table 2 – Participating Retailers
UK RETAILERS: A1 Comms, Affordable Mobiles, Amazon.co.uk (sold & dispatched by Amazon only), Amazon Business, AO.com, AO Mobile, Argos, Arrow Communications, Barclays Communications, BT, BT Shop, Buymobile.net, Carphone Warehouse, Carphone Warehouse Business, Charterhouse, Comm-Tech, Currys PC World, DBFB, e2save.co.uk, EE, Fluidone, Go Mobile, Getech, Harrods, ID Mobile, Intercity, John Lewis, Littlewoods, Maintel, Microsoft, Mobile Phones Direct, Mobiles.co.uk, O2, O2 Business, Onecom, Phones.co.uk, Pescardo, Phonespot, Plan IT, Samsung Experience Store, Samsung Shop Online, Selfridges, Sure, Tesco Mobile, The Smartphone Company, Tela, Three, Vodafone, Very, Virgin Mobile, Virgin Media Business, Aerial Communications, Daisy Communications, Insight, Vivio, Voice Mobile, XMA, 4com, Dixons Travel
IRELAND RETAILERS: Alpha Communications, Argos, Carphone Warehouse, Carphone Warehouse Business, , Currys PC World, DID Electrical, Eir, Euronics, Harvey Norman, Power City, Samsung Experience Store, Samsung Shop Online, Tesco Mobile, Three, Virgin Mobile, Uparty, Vodafone Ireland, Dixons Travel
7. Purchases from auction websites (e.g. eBay) or from third party sellers on online retailers’ websites (e.g. Amazon Marketplace) are specifically excluded from this Promotion.
8. Rewards are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a Reward of equal or greater value for the Reward.
9. To claim, Participants must purchase a Promotion Product during the Promotion Period then visit www.samsungpromotions.claims/AKGY500gift and complete the online claim, upload proof of purchase, provide the serial number or IMEI of the Promotion Product purchased and all other required information (a “Claim”).
10. Claims must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase of the relevant Promotion Product (“Claim Period”), meaning the final claim date for purchases made on 19 September 2019 is no later than 23:59 (BST) on 18 October 2019 (the “End Date”). Claims received after the End Date will not be eligible. For the avoidance of doubt, the date of purchase counts as day one (1).
11. Maximum one (1) Claim per Promotion Product purchased, a maximum of two (2) Claims per individual Participant and a maximum of two-hundred and fifty (250) Claims per Company Participant.
12. Participants will be sent an email and SMS to confirm their Claim has been received by the Promoter instantly upon entry of a Claim. If an email acknowledgement has not been received, it is the Participant’s responsibility to contact the Promoter’s customer service team at akg@samsungpromotions 0345 216 0121 or 01527 4006 within seven (7) days of a Claim being submitted.
13. Please note that Claims received will be processed within (7) days from the date of receipt of a Claim and Participants will be sent an email to confirm whether their Claim has been successful and validated (“Claim Validation”).
14. If a Claim is deemed to have been submitted incorrectly the Participant will be notified via email and SMS and offered the opportunity to provide the required information within seven (7) days. If no response is received within seven (7) days of the email and SMS, then the Claim shall be marked as invalid and the Participant will no longer be eligible to receive the Reward.
15. Claims that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of Claims.
16. The Reward will be delivered within forty-five (45) days of the Claim being validated to the UK, ROI, Isle of Man or Channel Islands postal address provided in the Claim.
17. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Claims which it considers do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
18. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid Claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to proof of purchase, as well as the identity, age and other relevant details of a Participant.
19. If a Participant returns a Promotion Product before submitting a Claim, the Participant must not make a Claim. If a Participant returns or cancels the delivery of a Promotion Product after submitting a Claim, the Claim will be invalid and the Participant must cancel the Claim immediately by contacting 0345 216 0121 or 01527 4006. The Promoter reserves the right to check with Participating Retailers whether a Promotion Product has been returned and by submitting a Claim the Participant provides consent to the Promoter to do so.
Privacy and Data Protection
21. Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions, the details and information provided by the Participant when entering the Promotion or claiming the Reward will not be used for any other purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to the Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
23. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion.
24. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or Claims; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
25. Participants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other relevant costs or expenses which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions as being included.
26. By participating in this Promotion, you agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, to release and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Reward. The above limitation of liability shall not apply to liability arising from fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation), death or personal injury caused as a result of Promoter’s negligence.
27. The Promotion is governed by the law of England and Wales.