Why am I receiving a sync error on my Samsung Chrome device?
If Chrome displays "Sync Error" on the bookmark bar:
1. Click the error for more details.
2. If you're asked to sign out and sign in then enter your Google username and password.
This message may appear on the New Tab page if:
A) You have updated Chrome recently and your old version did not have the password sync feature. In this case:
- Open the New Tab page.
- Click the Configure password sync link at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm whether or not you want to continue syncing your passwords.
B) You recently changed your synced password encryption method on another computer. In this case:
- Click the spanner icon > Options > Personal Stuff > Sync.
- Configure Sync's encryption method to match the change you made on the other computer.
2-step verification users: visit https://www.google.com/accounts/IssuedAuthSubTokens if you're asked to enter an application-specific password or access code. You'll either need to create an application-specific password or enter in your verification code. All settings and explanations can be reached in the Security settings of your Gmail account.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
There are a number of different ways of contacting us via Live Chat, Email, Twitter, Facebook Messenger and more.