How do I use the Gallery app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4?
The Gallery lets you view photos and videos you have captured. You edit images, apply images to contacts, set images as wallpaper and share them with others.
You can access the Gallery by touching Apps > Gallery . All of your albums will be displayed, including those of nearby devices. Touch a photo or video to view the media.
Touch Albums (default view) at the top-left corner of the screen to sort by Time or Albums. You can also filter the view by People, Scenery, Food, Pets, Vehicles, or Flowers.
Touch More options for the following options (some options may differ when viewing an album):
- Select: Select multiple items or albums to Delete, Share, Add to event, open in the Studio, or view in a Slideshow.
- Delete: Delete selected images.
- Create album: Create and name a new album to hold selected images.
- Content to display: Choose the content you would like to appear in the Gallery. Select from All, Content in device, Content in Dropbox, Content in Facebook, and Content in Picasa. If the option is grayed out then there is no corresponding account present on the device.
- Slideshow: Start a slideshow of the image files in the Gallery.
- Studio: Open the Studio image editor.
- Settings: View and edit Gallery settings. View accounts available for syncing with the Gallery. Select when sync should occur. Turn on Tag buddy, Face tag and Auto play sound when photos are taken in Sound & shot mode.
When viewing an image the following icons are available at the top of the screen:
Note: The options shown may vary slightly depending on the album you are viewing.
- Change player: Share your media with nearby devices wirelessly. Touch to begin remote playback. This icon is available only when a supported device is detected.
- Share via: Share the image over Bluetooth®, Email, Gmail™, Memo, Messages, or Wi-Fi Direct®.
Note: Additional sharing options may be available on your device. The options may vary based on applications installed and features you have turned on.
- Delete: Delete the file.
- Camera: Open the Camera application.
Touch More options for the following additional options:
- Edit: Edit the photo with basic image tuning such as brightness, contrast and colour.
- More info: Show technical information about the photo, such as the size.
- Copy to clipboard: Copy the screenshot to the device clipboard for pasting into other applications.
- Rotate left: Rotate the photo anti-clockwise.
- Rotate right: Rotate the photo clockwise.
- Crop: Crop unwanted areas out of the photo.
- Rename: Rename the file.
- Slideshow: Start a slideshow of the image files in the current folder.
- Set as: Set the photo as a Contact photo, Home screen, Lock screen, Home and lock screens or Wallpaper.
- Print: Print the image to a compatible wireless printer via Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, or USB cable.
- Settings: View and edit Gallery settings. View accounts available for syncing with the Gallery. Select when syncing should occur. Turn on Tag buddy, Face tag, and Auto play sound when photos are taken in Sound & shot mode.
Face tag lets you easily tag and share photos with your contacts. When you capture a photo with your camera, receive photos in messages or download photos from other sources your device will help you recognise faces and tag your contacts. Once you have added a contact you can easily share the photos with the tagged contacts.
- Open the photo you want to tag.
- Touch More options > Settings and place a check mark next to Face tag.
- Your device will recognise any faces in the photo and mark them with a white box.
- Touch the white box and then touch Add name.
- Select the contact you want to tag in the photo. A tag box now appears with a button letting you share the photo with the contact. Touch the tag and then touch the sending option.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
We are here to help | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
Monday to Sunday | 8am to 10pm
SmartThings Monday to Friday | 9am to 5:30pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensor and Outlets
Monday to Friday | 8am to 10pm
Monday to Friday | 9am to 6pm
Calls to 0818 numbers are a National Call number.
These are subject to call charges which vary by network and are subject to change.
Calls maybe recorded for training and quality purposes.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website.
Find out more about how you can get face to face help.