983 DCT Data Center SSD
Enhanced for speed and reliability
The 983 DCT is the solution to achieving high responsiveness in data centers requiring accelerated performance. Available in M.2 or 2.5-inch form factors in capacities of 960GB and 1.92TB, the 983 DCT enables your business to excel in handling big data.*1GB=1 billion bytes by IDEMA. Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise).The NVM Express® design mark is a registered trademark of NVM Express, Inc.
Seamless, high-powered performance
Get fast results with the next-gen NVMe interface. Sequential read/write speeds of up to 3,400/2,200 MB/s (2.5-inch), random read/write speeds of up to 580K/52K IOPS (2.5-inch), and a suberb level of QoS (quality of service) allow for real-time big data analytics.
*Random performance measured using FIO 2.7 in CentOS6.6 (kernel 3.14.29) with 4KB (4,096 bytes) of data transfer size in queue depth 32 by 4 workers and Sequential performance with 128KB (131,072 bytes) of data transfer size in queue depth 32 by 1 worker.
Secure critical data
Data integrity is critical to data center SSD. The 983 DCT is safeguarded with end-to-end data protection to ensure consistency over the entire data transfer path and prevents data corruption in case of power failure with power loss protection.
Enhanced operations efficiency
Accomplish far more with less. Achieve higher efficiency and performance compared to legacy storage systems, with fewer servers, reduced power and cooling, and lower TCO*, all with efficient management from the advanced Samsung SSD Toolkit software.*Based on internal test results, compared with 2.5-inch 7200 RPM SATA HDDs.
Samsung reliability and quality
Experience the superior SSD quality and reliability of in-house production using Samsung built components. Empower your 24/7 business to run faster, more efficiently, and at reduced costs with world-class dependability* with a limited 5-year warranty or 0.8 DWPD**.
*When upgrading from HDDs.**5 years or DWPD (Drive Writes Per Day), whichever comes first.
- Application Datacenter
- Capacity 1,920GB (1GB=1 Billionbyte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor 2.5 inch
- Interface PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.2b
- Dimension (WxHxD) 100.2 x 69.85 x 6.8 (mm)
- Weight Max 70.0 g
- Storage Memory Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
- Controller Samsung Phoenix Controller
- Cache Memory Samsung 3GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- TRIM Support Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Support Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection) Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption Support TCG/Opal, Class 0
- WWN Support NGUID Supported
- Device Sleep Mode Support Not Supported
- Sequential Read Up to 3,400 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write Up to 2,200 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD32) Up to 580,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD32) Up to 52,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Average Power Consumption (system level) * Average (Write): 10.6 W * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Power consumption (Idle) Max. 4.0 W * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Allowable Voltage 12.0V ± 8% Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF) 2.0 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature 0 - 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Shock 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Management SW Samsung SSD DC Tool kit
- Not Available
- 5-Year Limited Warranty or 2,733 TBW Limited Warranty
*Images shown here are for representational purpose only, actual may vary. All features, specifications and prices are subject to change without prior notice. Model availability may vary from location to location.