Enhanced Viewing Experience
Features improved brightness levels to ensure optimized display readability for people who work outdoors in logistics or sales where visibility is essential. With its soft-grip edges and refined metal finish, the Galaxy Tab A (2017) is built for better handling and durability.
Prolonged Power Usage
Its improved battery capacity powers the Galaxy Tab A (2017) to handle prolonged usage times for a boost in productivity. Power Saving Mode supports sufficient charge for long periods while on business trips or in the field on assignment.
*Video playback time may vary according to usage habits.
Capable Camera Performance
Advanced imaging technology for when accuracy is imperative. Engineered with an F1.9 lens, the Galaxy Tab A (2017) lets in more light for bright images even in low-lit environments. Its rear 8MP AF and front 5MP cameras enable ID and OCR scanning for identification checks as well as barcode scanning for logistics or inventory tracking.
Information while Charging
Samsung’s Home Mode displays key information for instant viewing such as a clock, calendar or weather updates while charging to help boost productivity levels. The charging dock preserves battery power and usage times so you can continue to focus on your business workflow.
*Charging Dock sold separately.
Streamlined Device Configuration
Knox Configure is a cloud-based service that allows for remote configuration on a large number of devices. IT administrators can deploy new device configurations that can be pushed instantly to necessary devices for customizing home screen wallpaper or application deployment to handle specific business needs.
*Knox Configure is an optional paid service and its availability may vary by country.
Worldwide MDM Compatibility
Global support to keep your business running smoothly. Thanks to its mobile device management (MDM) compatibility, the Galaxy Tab A (2017) utilizes an established network that spans more than 120 MDM partners worldwide and provides access to over 600 MDM policies.
*Actual MDM policies may vary by MDM provider.
Multi-layered Mobile Security Platform
Samsung Knox 2.8 is a defence-grade mobile security platform that safely manages your company’s data. Its technology offers a high level of protection for Android devices and ensures sensitive client information avoids ending up in the wrong hands.
*Knox refers to the free-of-charge built-in Knox security platform and the accompanying optional paid Knox solutions.**TIMA is TrustZone-based Integrity Measurement Architecture.
Seamless Experience Samsung Flow
Samsung Flow provides seamless connectivity and productivity across your devices through Notification Sync and Instant Reply. You can further use Content Sharing for the transfer of corporate files between tablets and smartphones as well as Auto Tethering to enhance usability.
Simple Way to Share Display
Watch multimedia content interchangeably between your tablet and TV without the burden of messy wiring. Whether conducting internal meetings with associates or presenting data analysis to prospective clients, Quick Connect provides fast and smooth display sharing to allow for interactive engagement.
*Bluetooth or Wi-Fi direct connection necessary.*Compatibility between devices may vary according to OS update.
- Android 7.1
- CPU Speed 1.4GHz
- CPU Type Quad-Core
- Size (Main Display) 20.31cm (8.0")
- Resolution (Main Display) 1280 x 800 (WXGA)
- Technology (Main Display) TFT
- Color Depth (Main Display) 16M
- S Pen Support No
- Rear Camera - Resolution 8.0 MP
- Rear Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Front Camera - Resolution 5.0 MP
- Rear Camera - Flash Yes
- Video Recording Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
- RAM_Size (GB) 2
- ROM Size (GB) 16 GB
- Available Memory (GB)* 9.6 GB
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 256GB)
- Number of SIM Single-SIM
- SIM size Nano-SIM (4FF)
- SIM Slot Type SIM 1 + MicroSD
- Infra 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA, 4G LTE FDD, 4G LTE TDD
- 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)
- 4G FDD LTE B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B17(700), B20(800), B28(700)
- 4G TDD LTE B38(2600), B40(2300)
- ANT+ Yes
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Earjack 3.5mm Stereo
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz, HT40
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v4.2
- NFC No
- Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Form Factor Tablet
- Accelerometer, Hall Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 212.1 x 124.1 x 8.9
- Weight (g) 364
- Internet Usage Time(3G) (Hours) Up to 14
- Internet Usage Time(LTE) (Hours) Up to 15
- Internet Usage Time(Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 15
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 14
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 5000
- Removable No
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 153
- Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours) Up to 36
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
Services and Applications
- S-Voice No
- Mobile TV No
- Manufactured by Samsung
Country of Origin
India, Vietnam, China, Korea
*Country of origin shall be as mentioned on the Product
Imported & Marked by
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
having its Corporate Office at:
6th Floor, DLF Centre, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi - 110001
For All Product Related Complaints/assistance, please contact
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd., 6th Floor, DLF Centre, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi - 110001
Email us at: email@example.com
Tel (Toll Free): 1800 40 7267864 (1800 40 SAMSUNG)
* All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this web page and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this web page including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
* User Available Memory : User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed
* Network : The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider
Galaxy Tab A (2017) (SM-T385NZKAINS)
2018.10.10Safety Guide ver 1.8.5
(ENGLISH, SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia), BURMESE, HINDI, INDONESIAN, THAI, VIETNAMESE)
2018.10.10User Manual(Oreo) ver 1.0
2018.09.04User Manual(Oreo) ver 1.0
2017.09.20User Manual(Nougat) ver 1.1
2017.09.07User Manual(Nougat) ver 1.1