Samsung Pay mini Terms of Service
This terms of service (“tos”) is a legal agreement between you and Samsung India Electronics private limited and/or its relevant affiliates (collectively, “samsung”) for samsung pay mini and any relevant service, software or documentation thereof (collectively, the “service”) provided by samsung or its third party suppliers or licensors. Please read these supplementary terms of service for samsung pay mini (“tos”) carefully before using samsung pay mini. If you do not agree to these tos, you may not use samsung pay mini. By using samsung pay mini, you will be deemed to have unconditionally consented and agreed to these tos.
“Samsung Pay mini” herein refers to the Samsung Pay mini mobile application and related services provided in India through Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd. ( “Samsung”, “We” or “Us”) for Samsung mobile, wearable devices and other accessories (each, a “Device”) as may be made available by Samsung from time to time as applicable, which enables users (“You”, “Your” or “User”) to store credentials that represent mobile wallet accounts or bank accounts linked through UPI or, mobile wallet account provider in a Device and securely transmit such credentials to merchant point-of-sale equipment or terminal to make payments or facilitate other transactions, to manage and utilize Your mobile wallet account.
The Samsung Pay mini features may vary based on your location and, Device model and may change from time to time. If You continue to access or use Samsung Pay mini in any way after such modification, You will be deemed to have read, understood and unconditionally consented and agreed to such changes.
By using Samsung Pay mini, you accept these ToS, which may be modified by Samsung from time to time. If You continue to access or use Samsung Pay mini after such modification, You will be deemed to have read, understood and unconditionally consent and agreed to such changes.
- The Scope and Your Acceptance of these ToS
- These ToS only govern the legal relationship between Samsung and You related to Your use of the Samsung Pay mini application and services provided by Samsung that allow You to store credentials in Your Device and communicate such credentials to a merchant or friends or other third party for the purpose of initiating a payment transaction with Your wallet id or bank account, and to manage and utilize Your mobile wallet account, and to manage and utilize your bank account, and usage history and other information as may be applicable from time to time. Other than as set forth herein, Samsung neither conducts nor has control over any commercial activities in connection with Your use of Samsung Pay mini, including, without limitation, credit assessment, card issuance, payment processing, chargebacks, purchases, returns, and refunds. Samsung does not have any control over your mobile wallet accounts authentication activities or Your linked bank accounts authentication activities. You acknowledge and agree that Samsung is not responsible for any of these activities nor for Your relationship with any mobile wallet provider, bank or merchant in connection therewith. You acknowledge that Your use of Mobile Wallet or UPI application Samsung Pay miniwill remain subject to the terms of any Mobile Wallet/ UPI application agreement(s) You may have with the relevant Mobile Wallet/ UPI Application provider and neither these ToS nor Your use of Samsung Pay mini shall alter Your existing relationship with Mobile Wallet/ UPI Application providewith respect to Your mobile wallet/ UPI Application.
- You agree that you will use samsung Pay mini in accordance with applicable law and will not use samsung pay mini for any illegal or fraudulent purposes, or purposes that are prohibited by the service terms and conditions (defined below) or these tos. Samsung Pay mini is not intended for use by any person other than the mobile wallet/ upi application holder authorized to use the mobile wallet/ upi application pursuant to the mobile wallet/ upi application agreement between you and the wallet provider/ upi application provider. Persons under the age of 18 (each, a "minor") may not use samsung pay mini unless their parent or legal guardian has reviewed and agreed to these tos. If you are a parent or guardian permitting a minor to use samsung pay mini, you agree to: (i) exercise supervision over the minor's use of samsung pay mini; (ii) assume all risks associated with the minor’s use of samsung pay mini, including the transmission of materials, content or other information to and from third parties via the internet; (iii) assume all liabilities resulting from the minor’s use of samsung pay mini, including applicable payment obligations; and (iv) ensure the accuracy and truthfulness of all information submitted by the minor. Under no circumstances may minors under the age of 14 use samsung pay mini.
- From time to time Samsung Pay mini may offer features or services, which may include Mobile wallet partners. Such features or services may be subject to additional or different terms of service. You shall not use these additional features and services unless You agree to the applicable terms. Samsung may also provide access to features or services that are identified as “beta,” mini” or “pre-release.” You understand and agree that such services are still in development, may have bugs or errors, may be feature incomplete, may materially change prior to full commercial launch, or may never be released commercially. Despite any other provision of this ToS, any use of or reliance on beta features or services is done at Your own risk and is provided as is and without warranty of any kind.
- These ToS supplement the Samsung Account Service Terms and Conditions (“Service Terms and Conditions”) available at https://account.samsung.com/membership/terms that apply to registered User accounts with Samsung (the “Samsung Account”). You must have a Samsung Account to use Samsung Pay mini. If You do not have a Samsung Account yet, please read the Service Terms and Conditions provided through this link https://account.samsung.com/membership/terms and create a new Samsung Account before using Samsung Pay mini. The Service Terms and Conditions form an integral part of these ToS. In case of any inconsistency or conflict between the ToS and the Service Terms and Conditions, the terms of these ToS shall prevail. These ToS may be assigned to any affiliate of Samsung at any time.
- Grant of License and Restrictions
- Samsung hereby grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, personal and revocable right and license to access and use Samsung Pay mini for Your personal use only, provided that You comply fully with these ToS. You acknowledge and agree that some of the functionalities or services offered by Samsung Pay mini may be provided by Samsung’s affiliates or subcontractors on behalf of Samsung.
- Use of certain features of Samsung Pay mini requires Your Device to have access to the Internet via mobile network or WiFi (fees may apply), and requires obtaining updates or upgrades made available by Samsung from time to time. Because use of Samsung Pay mini involves hardware, software, Internet access and applicable updates, Your ability to use Samsung Pay mini may be affected by the performance of these factors. You acknowledge and agree that complying with such system requirements, which may be changed from time to time, is Your responsibility. You hereby consent to receive notices, disclosures and other communications regarding Samsung Pay mini via email, SMS, in-application messages and other communications to Your device.
- You shall not interfere or attempt to interfere with the operation or use of Samsung Pay mini in any way through any means or device including, but not limited to, spamming, hacking, and uploading computer viruses or time bombs, or any other means. You may not use Samsung Pay mini for commercial purposes or for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the ToS. You are specifically prohibited from using Samsung Pay mini in connection with any contents, services, programs or applications that (i) are in violation of any third party’s rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (ii) contain viruses or other harmful software, code or other malwares that impact or limit the functions or services provided by Samsung Pay mini or the devices supporting Samsung Pay mini.
- You shall not reverse-engineer, copy, decompile, disassemble, derive the source code of, modify, adapt, capture, reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, transfer, sell, license, create derivative works from or based upon, republish, upload, edit, post, transmit, distribute, exploit, circumvent or otherwise translate (or encourage or assist any other person to do any of the foregoing) Samsung Pay mini in whole or in part.
- Samsung, in its sole discretion and without notice to You, may immediately (i) suspend or terminate Your use of Samsung Pay mini; (ii) terminate the licenses granted hereunder; and/or (iii) preclude access to Samsung Pay mini.
- Samsung expressly reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, change, modify, update, add, discontinue, remove, revise, delete or otherwise change any portions of Samsung Pay mini at any time, and in no event shall Samsung be liable for any claims, costs or damages caused by or arising out of such actions.
- Offers, Promotions
- Offers and promotions, including coupons, tickets, deals, discounts and vouchers (“Offers”), may be provided from time to time via Samsung Pay mini.
- Offers may be subject to additional terms and conditions established by the Offer, as applicable. For example, Offers may have expiration dates, and one-time Offers may only be used one time and must not be shared. Samsung is not liable for any errors or omissions contained within any Offer. You agree to look solely to the Offer provider to resolve any questions or disputes relating to an Offer, including without limitation the receipt and redemption of an Offer.
- You must and it is Your sole responsibility to register Your PIN to prevent others from accessing or using Samsung Pay mini on Your Device. You agree to and that it is Your sole responsibility to keep Your PIN confidential at all times, and to notify Samsung immediately if Your Samsung Pay mini Application PIN is stolen, becomes known to an unauthorized third party or is otherwise compromised. Samsung is not liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by You due to Your failure to apply a security function to Your Device or to keep Your PIN confidential, or Your lost, stolen or damaged Device. If You lose Your Device, then You can lock the Samsung Pay mini application and wipe the data off Samsung Pay mini via the Find My Mobile service to prevent use of Samsung Pay mini by others.
- Third Party Services
- Samsung Pay mini may include links or access to third party services. Such access will not be construed as an endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation. Samsung exercises no control whatsoever over such other third party services, and is not responsible or liable for the availability, functioning, or quality thereof or the content, advertising, products or other materials thereon. Samsung will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss (including data loss) incurred or suffered by any User in connection therewith. Your access and use of third party services, including information, material, products and offers therein, is solely at your own risk. Use of third party services may require your agreement to separate written terms and conditions.
- Electronic Communications
- When you use Samsung Pay mini or send email(s) to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or SMS. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy all legal requirements. In connection with your use of the Samsung Pay mini, we may send you Samsung Pay mini announcements, administrative messages, and other information.
- Consent for Collection and Use of Data
- Disclaimer of Warranties. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, samsung pay mini is provided “as is”, "where is" and “as available” and without warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, samsung and its licensors make no representations or warranties or guarantees of any kind or nature, whether express or implied, relating to samsung pay mini, and specifically disclaims all such warranties including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Without limiting the previous disclaimer, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, samsung and its licensors do not represent, warrant or guarantee that samsung pay mini will (i) operate in an uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free manner, (ii) always be available or free from all harmful components or errors or (iii) be secure against or immune from (including the content delivered to you or the information you provided) any unauthorized access.
- Disclaimer of certain damages. In no event shall samsung or its licensors be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive damages or lost profits, even if samsung or its licensors have been advised of the possibility of such damages. This limitation will apply regardless of the theory of liability, whether fraud, misrepresentation, breach of contract, negligence, personal injury, product liability, infringement or any other theories, regardless of whether or not samsung or its licensors have been advised of the possibility of such damages. This means that you hereby waive any and all rights to any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, and exemplary, punitive damages or lost profits from samsung and its licensors. This limitation and waiver also applies to any claims you may bring against any other party to the extent that samsung would be required to indemnify that party for such claim. You are solely responsible for any damage or loss if you allow anyone (such as another user or a merchant) to use or handle your device or samsung pay mini.
- The foregoing disclaimers, exclusions and limitations shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
- These TOS are effective until terminated. You can terminate these TOS by ceasing your use of Samsung Pay mini, and uninstalling, deleting and returning all related software, documentations and other materials provided by Samsung, including backup copies thereof. Should you not comply with these TOS, your rights based on these TOS will be automatically terminated without notice from Samsung. Upon either your or Samsung’s termination of these TOS, you must immediately cease all use of Samsung Pay mini. For the purpose of clarity, Samsung may terminate anytime these TOS and Samsung Pay mini with notice to you (e.g., service website, pop-up through application, email or etc.).
- Modification of Terms & Conditions of Application
- We may at any time modify the Terms of Samsung Pay mini without any prior notification to you. You can access the latest version of the Terms at any given time on Samsung Pay mini. You agree to regularly review the Terms on Samsung Pay mini. However, if you continue to use Samsung Pay mini you shall be deemed to have agreed to accept and abide by the modified Terms of Samsung Pay mini.
- Governing Law
- These ToS shall be construed in accord with the applicable laws of India. The Courts at New Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any proceedings arising out of these Terms.
* Images shown here are for representational purpose only, actual may vary. All features, specifications and prices are subject to change without prior notice. Model availability may vary from location to location.
Network: The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider.
Memory size: User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the phones features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the mobile phone operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.