My Galaxy Privacy Notice
My Galaxy (the Application) is a personalized service that may allow you to (a) browse, search, access and stream the all audio/ video content like news, shows etc. (collectively, "Digital Content") made available by Channels; and (b) , avail the offers/deals/schemes/ services provided by third party service providers (“Participating Partners”) subject to their terms and conditions. Some of the offers/deals/schemes/ services may be offered by Samsung while other may be made available by third parties affiliated / not affiliated with Samsung.
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd. (“Samsung”, “we”, “us”, “our”) collects, uses, discloses, shares, stores and transfers your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. By using the Application, you will be deemed to have unconditionally agreed to the terms of this Privacy Notice, and consented to the practices in respect of the collection, use, disclosure, transfer, sharing and storage of Personal Information described in this Privacy Notice (including disclosure to overseas recipients in the locations specified in this Privacy Notice).
In this Privacy Notice, we describe the types of information collected, how we may use the information, how long we may keep the information, with whom we may share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information and exercising your rights. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about our privacy practices
Information We Obtain
Through My Galaxy, we may obtain information about you in various ways. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Account Information. When you log in, we may collect information associated with your Account such as your name, email address, mobile number and social profiling data.
- My Galaxy Interactions. We may collect information you exchange through your interactions with the Application such as view history. We also may obtain other information related to your use of the Application, including the information (such as information related to the apps you use, the websites you visit and pictures, calendar entries, bookmarks, and content and data from other Samsung and third-party apps, websites and services) we receive from Samsung and third-party apps and services that are accessed or used by the Application to provide you with the services.
- Geolocation Data. We may receive your device’s geolocation and other information related to your location through through GPS.
- Device and App Information. We may collect information through automated means about your My Galaxy, such as device models, OS versions, device configurations and settings, IP addresses, and device identifiers and other unique identifiers.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain through the Application to:
- provide you with the services, such as to respond to your requests, questions and instructions made through My Galaxy;
- identify and authenticate you so you may use the Application;
- improve and customize your experience with the Application, such as delivering content and responses tailored to our users and the manner in which they interact with the Application;
- with your separate consent, communicate with you about our products and services, and provide you with notifications, content, alerts, offers, promotions, marketing information, communications and advertisements;
- respond to your requests and inquiries;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products; enhancing and improving our products and the services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, customer base and the services; conducting market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- allow you to interact with and use certain third-party apps and services;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies, including this Privacy Notice.
We do not disclose personal information about you through the Application, except as described in this Privacy Notice. We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates and with service providers who perform services for us or power content on the Application. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
When you use the Application to access or interact with third-party apps and services, we may send certain personal information to the providers of such third-party apps and services to provide you with the services you request. These third parties also may collect certain personal information directly from your devices through theApplication. Samsung is not responsible for these third-party providers’ privacy or security practices. The privacy and security practices of the relevant providers, including details on the information they receive from us or collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review.
Samsung, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and our third-party service providers also may disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal data will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, considering criteria such as applicable rules on statute of limitations and at least the duration of your use of the Application.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we obtain through the Application against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, interference, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Samsung also maintains reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices with respect to My Galaxy, or changes in the applicable law. We will post a notice on our website and/or your device to notify you of significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
To ask us questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Samsung India Electronics Private Ltd.
20th to 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road, Sector-43, DLF PH-V, Gurugram, Haryana – 122202
Contact Person (Grievance Officer): Ms. Gauri Taneja
Phone: + 91-124-488-1234