Why Disk partitioning is required in Windows 8 enabled Samsung devices?
Disk partitioning in Windows 8 enabled Samsung devices is the act of dividing a hard disk drive (HDD) into multiple logical storage units. It treats one physical disk drive as if it were multiple disks, so that different filesystems can be used on each partition. A partition editor software program can be used to create, resize, delete, and manipulate these partitions on the HDD. Partition is a unit of a computer’s hard disk split into virtual areas.
Advantages from disk partitioning :
● Separation of the operating system (OS) and program files from user files.
● Allows image backups (or clones) to be made of only the operating system and installed software.
● Keeps frequently used programs and data near each other.
● Having cache and log files separate from other files. These can change size dynamically and rapidly, potentially making a file system full.
● Protect or isolate files, to make it easier to recover a corrupted file system or operating system installation.
● If one partition is corrupted, other file systems may not be affected.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .