What are the types of laundry detergents and their consequences for low or high usage?
Listed below are the most common issues with front loader washers and the causes of these issues.
● Front loading washers have become very popular for home use in the past few years. They have been used for decades in the commercial environment because of their superior performance, reliability, and efficiency.
● Compared to top loader washers, front loader washers have crucial installation and usage procedures that MUST be followed to ensure optimum performance.
Using non-HE or too much HE laundry detergent
● Laundry detergent usage is critical for proper operation of your Samsung washer.
● Non-HE or too much HE detergent causes the following issues:
Water leaks / Error codes / Extended wash time
● The use of both non-HE laundry detergent and too much HE detergent cause excessive suds hence causing leakage in water and extended wash time.
● HE detergents are concentrated detergents and hence should use less than non-HE detergent. You must follow the detergent manufacturer’s recommended amounts.
● If the washer senses too much suds due to excessive detergent, it displays the word "SUDS" or "SU" on the display panel.
● When this happens, the drum stops spinning to allow the suds to dissipate. Hence this extends the wash time.
● If you are experiencing any of these conditions, run a hot water cycle without clothes and detergent. Must repeat this step if suds are still visible.
● In the illustration below, note that there are 2 lines. The bottom is for a normal load, and the top is for a heavy load.
● For a normal load, fill to the bottom line.
● Proper amount of detergent for Normal Load
● Over filled detergent in the compartment
● A consequence for using too much detergent is excessive suds as shown below.
● Excessive suds cause a water leak at the bottom of the door.
● or a water leak at detergent compartment
Use low foaming detergent in all front load washing machines.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India Only 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh Only 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
Only 8.30AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal Only 8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .