Why is there no water from dispenser?
● Check if there is no water supply from source.
● Check for damage in water tube.
● Water leaks from Freezer compartment (Go to step 4 below.)
● No Ice Production (No water comes into ice tray.)
● Over Cooling in Fridge Compartment.
● Bad Water Connection ( Bad Plumbing, Water line kink, Bad Tube fitting connection.)
● Bad Water valve
● Water tank frozen
The failure of a water dispenser is usually caused by one of the following conditions:
● You have air in your water line.
● Your refrigerator water line is not turned on.
● Your water filter cartridge needs to be replaced.
● Tube fitting at the bottom (RSG* Model) is installed wrong.
● Water tank inside of fridge compartment is frozen.
Procedures for correcting these conditions and getting your water dispenser working again are listed below:
a). Air in the water line
To clear air out of your water line, press the water dispenser lever for one or two minutes. You need to flush the water system to remove air (bubble) inside of water line. Air can go into water line due to bad water connection.
b). Turning on the water line
To turn on the water line, follow these steps:
● Carefully pull the refrigerator away from the wall.
● Locate the water connection on the back of the refrigerator.
● Trace the line to where it connects to your house water supply.
● Find the small shut off valve at the connection.
● Open the valve and turn the water line on.
c). Check the water filter
If the water filter is not installed correctly it can block the flow of water to the dispenser. The water filter is located in one of two places in your refrigerator:
● In the upper right of your refrigerator at the back.
● Behind the vegetable bin.
To change the water filter, follow these steps:
● Make sure that the water line connected to your refrigerator is turned off at the point where the refrigerator water line connects to your house water supply.
● If your water filter holder is located in the upper right of your refrigerator, remove the top glass shelf from your refrigerator.
● If your water filter holder is located behind the vegetable bin, remove the vegetable bin from your refrigerator.
● Remove the old water filter by turning it counter clockwise 90 degrees until the Unlock symbol on the filter lines up with Water Filter mark on the filter holder. The Unlock symbol looks like an open padlock. Apply slow, steady pressure when you turn the water filter. The turning will be difficult.
● Put the water filter into the water filter holder so that the Unlock symbol on the water filter lines up with the Water Filter mark on the filter holder.
● Turn the water filter counter clockwise 90 degrees until the Lock symbol on the water filter lines up with the Water Filter mark on the filter holder. The Lock symbol looks like a closed padlock.
Note: If the arrow and padlock line are not lined up, water will not flow to the dispenser.
Note: Apply slow, steady pressure when you turn the filter. The turning will be difficult. This ensures a tight seal. Turn on the water line. Check for leaks.
d). Check Tube Fitting at the bottom of Freezer door (It is only for RSG* Model)
If Tube fittings are connected to wrong line,
● When you press ice lever, water will come out from water dispenser.
● When you press water lever, water will be coming into ice tray which is inside of freezer compartment and it seems to customer that there is water leakage from freezer compartment.
e). Check the water tank
Lower Drawer of fridge compartment is freezing,
● If the temperature is below 0 degree, food stored inside will be frozen.
● Water tank located at the back of Lower drawer is possibly frozen.
● No Water (In this case, you need service from Engineer)
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9am to 9pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8am - 10 pm / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8am - 6.30 pm / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8am - 8pm / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.