Why 'Water filter' is leaking?
If your water filter is leaking, it may be installed incorrectly. To check for and fix an incorrectly installed water filter, follow these steps.
● Shut off the refrigerator water line at the point where the line attaches to the house water source.
● Your water filter can be in one of two places, in the upper right side of your refrigerator or behind the vegetable bin.
● If it is in the upper right side of your refrigerator, remove the upper glass shelf from the refrigerator so you may get to the filter easily.
● If it is behind the vegetable bin, remove the vegetable bin.
● Examine the water filter to see if the LOCK indicator mark on the filter is aligned with the indicator mark on the filter cover.
Note: The LOCK indicator mark looks like a closed padlock.
● If the LOCK indicator mark on the filter is not aligned with the indicator mark on the filter cover, turn the filter clockwise until the marks are aligned.
● Turn on the water line. Check for leaks.
● If there are no leaks, put the shelf or vegetable bin back into the refrigerator.
● If there is still a leak, please click on the "Create Online Service Request" button to initiate the service process.
If you need to arrange for a service appointment, leave the water turned off. Your refrigerator will keep your food fresh and cold with the water turned off, but will not dispense water or make ice cubes.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .