Are there any circumstances where Iris scan do not work properly in Galaxy Note8?
When something prevents the camera from getting a good view of your irises (e.g. glasses, glare, low eyelids, recent eye surgery, or a medical condition).
- When something gets in the way of the camera or the LED (e.g. a screen protector, dirt, damage to the camera).
- When you are wearing glasses with a strong prescription, glasses, sunglasses, color contact lenses, or circular contact lenses.
- When some parts of your irises are hidden by narrowed or puffy eyes.
- When the device is shaken or tilted too much.
- When the device is lower than your face.
- When you scan your irises in places with strong sunlight, or in places with no light or low-light conditions.
- When the area around the iris recognition camera and LED is exposed to humid conditions or water.
- When some area of your irises are hidden by dirt on your glasses.
- When light is reflected onto your eyes or glasses.
- When you register your irises in bright conditions and scan them in low-light conditions, or when you scan your irises after moving from a bright place to a dark place(When the lighting is very different from when you recorded your irises (e.g., too bright room))
- When your cornea is cloudy or you have an eye disease that affects your irises.
- When you have undergone intraocular lens implant surgery or an eye surgery that scars the irises
- If the area around the iris recognition camera, iris recognition LED, or proximity sensor, is dirty, wipe it with an antistatic, soft, dry cloth before using the iris recognition feature.
- If you attach screen protectors or stickers or apply ink or paint around the iris recognition camera or LED, the device may not recognize irises.
- If you have undergone laser-assisted vision correction surgery, such as LASIK or LASEK, the refraction of light to your eyes will change because of the change in your cornea, and the device will not recognize your irises. Register your irises again before using the iris recognition feature.
Related links :
What's the basic principle of iris scanning in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
How do I register my Iris for Iris recognition on lock screen in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
How do I delete the registered Iris in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
Can I charge Note8 through Samsung DeX Station during connection?
How do I use Samsung DeX feature in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
What is Samsung DeX feature in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India Only 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh Only 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
Only 8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal Only 8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .