How to enable Nearby device sharing in Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo(GT-I9060)?
STEP 1. GETTING STARTED
IMPORTANT : When you turn on File sharing, any device connected to the same Wi-Fi access point may be able to access and view the content you decide to share. This includes public Wi-Fi access points you may use at a coffee shop or a hotel. It is recommended that you turn off File sharing when it is not in use.
a). Tap on Apps icon as shown below.
b). Now hold and swipe the Application screen towards left and then tap on Settings icon as shown below.
STEP 2. ENABLING BLUETOOTH TETHERING
c). Now tap on Nearby devices to share your media files via DLNA.
d). To start sharing your device multimedia files via DLNA tap on the check box next to File sharing option.
e). File sharing is now enabled.
● Tap Shared contents and mark the media you want to share with other devices.
● Tap Allowed devices list to view devices you have approved access for. You can approve access for up to 10 devices. To remove access for a device, mark the device's checkbox and touch Delete.
● Tap Not-allowed devices list to view devices you have rejected access for. If you decide you want to approve a device, mark the device's checkbox and touch Delete. The next time the device is in range, you will receive an access request again. Touch OK to approve access.
● Tap Download to and select the preferred storage location for media you download from other devices.
● Tap Upload from other devices to select how your device should handle requests to upload content from a remote device. Choose from Always accept, Always ask (default), or Always reject.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India Only 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh Only 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
Only 8.30AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal Only 8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .