what should i do for better fingerprint recognition in samsung galaxy s6 edge?
When you scan your Fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect the feature’s performance :
● The Home key contains a fingerprint recognition sensor. Ensure that the Home key is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
● Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
● The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
● The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
● If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Make sure to cover the entire Home key with your finger.
● To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
● In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
● The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .